“Next time I'm staying at my Brother's”

Comfort Inn La Porte
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Midland, MI
“Next time I'm staying at my Brother's”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am surprised that the Holiday Inn Express in La Porte could really be ranked the top place to stay in my hometown. When we returned recently for a wedding, we found that on a Notre Dame game weekend, the rate was over $170.00 a night, remarkably high for a room with very average appointments and amenities (only one bar of soap, tired towels). Our door was very difficult to lock from the outside. The manager was very willing to address the problem, but we were literally on our way out the door to the wedding and could not wait. After repeatedly trying to lock and unlock it as we waited for her to return, we got it to stay locked, but when we checked out the next morning, we were not as successful and had to leave the room unlocked. The young woman at the front desk seemed indifferent to this fact. The breakfast was virtually inedible except for the bacon and toast. I do not know what kind of viscous matter was supposed to go on the biscuits, but it was not 'gravy' in any sense of the term; the eggs looked like pea gravel and were tasteless; and the coffee was both weak and bitter. The heating/cooling unit was a little loud but the bed was reasonably comfortable. La Porte does not have a lot of options. I'm going to explore others before I would stay here again -- and would rather pay for breakfast at Louie's downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Opinion8ted
Holiday I, Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and want to let you know that all of these issues have been addressed. We are sorry you hear you will not be returning but hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed October 25, 2012

there isn't much more to say - it's about right in the middle of what one would expect for the hotel brand. Room sizes, cleanliness, staff, breakfast all about what you'd expect. Would stay here again if in the area (we were just passing through and needed a quick stop to sleep and move on), but wouldn't go out of our way to return. However, nothing bad to say and no problems at all with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2012

There aren't a whole lot of hotel choices if you want to stay in La Porte, but the Holiday Inn Express isn't a bad choice. The staff is friendly, the place is relatively clean, there is an indoor pool and decent free breakfast. The beds were super comfortable. There are a few minor issues I will mention. The room-key access reader at one of the side entrances was not working. Housekeeping was a little lax, for example there were a few mildew stains in the bathtub, there was only one bar of soap which had to move back and forth from sink to shower and plastic cups were not replaced daily (we were there for 3 nights.) Overall, though, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We came up to this hotel at 9 at night after a few hours of driving and asked the clerk how much for one room and she said $105 + tax and my mom looked at me and i said "well there's a best western" and the lady gave us a coupon for the room...the room was nice, TV was kinda staticky but only a little, had chocolates on the beds, it was really nice

• Stayed October 2012
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Going to Notre Dame for a college visit on a game weekend so needed to stay outside of town. Decent location a little more than a half hour from the university. Clean and quiet place to stay. Basic accommodations with a decent breakfast included. Many dining choices within two minutes up the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
South Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am originally from Laporte and everytime I visit family I stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The pool area is nice and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The bed is very comfortable and I love the linens. I love the that the hotel is across the street from Pine Lake and the atmosphere is really nice. My husband, daughters and I love the included breakfast. I have stayed in the suites and the regular rooms and love them all. The staff makes me feel very welcome everytime I have stayed here!

Room Tip: I always get a 1st floor room! Very quiet hotel!