“A great place to stay in LaPorte, IN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center

BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in LaPorte
LaPorte, United States
“A great place to stay in LaPorte, IN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Checked in very late (1 AM). Jo Ellen at the check in desk was very polite, professional and courteous. The room was clean, Would definitely stay here again. WiFi was very good. Also a VERY clean hotel inside and out. Mark M.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Mark,
I am very happy to hear that Jo-Elyn was able to make your stay comfortable and I will definitely pass along your compliment to her. We are glad to hear that you had another wonderful stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again!

Asst. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Syracuse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The price on Trip Advisor was listed as an $85 special through Best Western. We called the hotel directly and we're told they couldn't give that price, but should call the main 800 number. We were told by Best Western that price was not available at the property. We ended paying only a few dollars more, $89, but felt led on.

The room was fine and clean with microwave, fridge and flat screen TV. The heat couldn't be adjusted; it was either on or off. The toilet didn't flush properly. We will report these to maintenance and assume they will be taken care of in the future.

Breakfast is included, but we haven't eaten yet.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steveg1
Steve,
We have let our maintenance team know of the issues you reported and they have taken care of those for the next guest. I am very sorry that you had a difficult time making your reservation and getting the rate you had found. If you are ever in the area again, I would love to personally assist you with your reservation at 219-362-4585. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had our company holiday party at the Best Western in LaPorte. The staff did an excellent job with everything- service, food, etc. ALL of the food for the banquet was very good, we had buffet style, chicken and perch for the main course. They also gave us rooms at a reduced rate for all attending the banquet if anyone chose to stay. We brought in a DJ for music and everything worked out well with that. Moving forward we will continue to have company functions at the BW.

Travis,
We all (Karen especially) are very happy to hear that your banquet went well. It was pleasure having you and your company here with us. I have also passed along your feedback to our staff and thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing and serving you in the future!

Whitesburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed 4 nights on business. Entire staff, from GM Patricia, Biz Sales Terrie, to Housekeeper Mel went out of their way to make the stay great. Location is convenient to everything. Would definitely stay again.

Tim,
It brings us tremendous joy to go above and beyond for our guests! I am very glad that you had a great time and we would love to have visit us again. I will pass along your review to the staff. Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you have a fantastic day!

De Pere, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Found a bed bug and captured so I could bring to front desk to show. When I showed them their reply was "what would you like me to do"? The elevator is not safe and find it hard to believe it is up to code. By far one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Mark S.,
We have never had bedbugs at our hotel. We have regular preventative visits by our pest control company and participate in the very detailed Ultra Clean Program where all our staff are trained to monitor situations such as this. We called the company after your report and their inspection found that there was absolutely no pest activity in the room that you occupied. Also, our elevators are inspected regularly and are certified yearly through homeland security. Thank you for your feedback,
Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Title says it all. This is a great hotel. The entire staff is friendly and welcoming. They will go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. Patricia, the manager, is top notch and will bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. I'll be back!

Timothy,
Thank you for your kind words and praise towards our hotel. We are always happy to get the opportunity to serve you and your company. I will pass along your praise on to our staff. Thanks again,
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel surpassed my expectations! I was travelling for work, and there was not a whole lot to choose from in the area. Although I could tell it was old and needed some updates, it was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The bed...oh my!...the sheets were very soft and clean white--the pillows were AMAZING! I have never been to a hotel with such nice bedding! It made me feel more like I was at home, than most hotels. There was a very large TV in my room with lots of channels to choose from. Also, once I checked in, I didn't even have to leave the hotel--there is a Restaurant and a Pub inside. I decided to eat at Rother's Pub, and I was very pleased with the food--very good bar food! (The chicken tenders were very good!) On top of my wonderful stay at the hotel, I rented one of the conference centers for a training class that I was holding, and it was perfect! The rooms are very spacious, and professional, and the staff did a wonderful job at meeting all of our needs. I would definitely return to this hotel for business and/or pleasure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Sarah,
We are so glad that you enjoyed not only your hotel stay, but the conference center as well. It was a pleasure having you and your company visit our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future if ever the need arises.
Assistant GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
Hampton Inn La Porte
#1 of 6 in LaPorte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
BEST WESTERN PLUS Portage Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS La Porte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!