“Captured Bed Bug”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
De Pere, United States
“Captured Bed Bug”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Found a bed bug and captured so I could bring to front desk to show. When I showed them their reply was "what would you like me to do"? The elevator is not safe and find it hard to believe it is up to code. By far one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed in.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Mark S.,
We have never had bedbugs at our hotel. We have regular preventative visits by our pest control company and participate in the very detailed Ultra Clean Program where all our staff are trained to monitor situations such as this. We called the company after your report and their inspection found that there was absolutely no pest activity in the room that you occupied. Also, our elevators are inspected regularly and are certified yearly through homeland security. Thank you for your feedback,
Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Title says it all. This is a great hotel. The entire staff is friendly and welcoming. They will go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. Patricia, the manager, is top notch and will bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Timothy,
Thank you for your kind words and praise towards our hotel. We are always happy to get the opportunity to serve you and your company. I will pass along your praise on to our staff. Thanks again,
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel surpassed my expectations! I was travelling for work, and there was not a whole lot to choose from in the area. Although I could tell it was old and needed some updates, it was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The bed...oh my!...the sheets were very soft and clean white--the pillows were AMAZING! I have never been to a hotel with such nice bedding! It made me feel more like I was at home, than most hotels. There was a very large TV in my room with lots of channels to choose from. Also, once I checked in, I didn't even have to leave the hotel--there is a Restaurant and a Pub inside. I decided to eat at Rother's Pub, and I was very pleased with the food--very good bar food! (The chicken tenders were very good!) On top of my wonderful stay at the hotel, I rented one of the conference centers for a training class that I was holding, and it was perfect! The rooms are very spacious, and professional, and the staff did a wonderful job at meeting all of our needs. I would definitely return to this hotel for business and/or pleasure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Sarah,
We are so glad that you enjoyed not only your hotel stay, but the conference center as well. It was a pleasure having you and your company visit our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future if ever the need arises.
LaPorte, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Consistent clean rooms and a very well-run hotel. And no bugs of any kind (very important to me on business as I don't want to bring any home with me!) In LaPorte, Indiana, I stay here about 80% of the time and I would bring my family to stay here as well...

Mark,
We definitely take pride in keeping our property very clean and welcoming. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well. We look forward to having you and your family at our hotel in the future.
CHESTERTON
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a few times now and am impressed how nice the hotel is and the service. The food at Timbers inside the hotel is the best in town. Rothers Bar is a extra benefit on the premises.

• Stayed September 2013
Robert,
We are thrilled that you were able to utilize multiple areas of our full service hotel by experiencing not only your hotel room, but also the Timbers Restaurant and Rother's Pub. We strive to meet all guest's needs when they come to stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope to see you here again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This loacation was near everything the wedding ceremony as well as the reception downtown South Bend,and breakfast from in house restaurant very good as well. Stayed over the weekend for a wedding of close friends and this was close the most of our activities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Alethea,
It is always a pleasure to be a part of a wedding party's joyous day. We were so glad that you chose us to be a part of that memorable occasion. If you are ever in the area again we would love to assist you again.
Sheboygan, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A wonderful experience with ample amenities and kind, attentive staff. Our stay was meant to be just one night, but it turned into a 3 day mini-vacation - (with the last 2 days at the Best Western in LaPorte, Indiana). Not only were the hotel rooms comfortable and the breakfast tasty, but the most important thing missing from most hotels and motels today was present at their facility - a staff that truly cared about the comfort and satisfaction of their customers. We were not merely "room numbers" for our stay at this hotel, but truly guests whose comfort, cares and concerns were considered as worthy of hearing and satisfying. It was truly one of the most pleasant hotel stays in our 33 years that my wife and I have been married.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Herman H
Herman,
It warms our hearts when we get an opportunity to brighten someone's day such as yours. It was our extreme pleasure to give you the warmest welcome and the most enjoyable stay possible. We greatly appreciate your kind words and hope to see you and your wife again in the future.
Assistant GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!