“One of the best stays in my life”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Smithville, MO
“One of the best stays in my life”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped here in between Missouri and New York. Saw the reviews on tripadvisor so thought we would check it out. HOLY COW! This place was amazing. We traveled with a couple of kids and the loved the pool facilities. It reminded me of an adobe Native American village. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. There is a bar/restaurant on site that is very reasonable priced. The staff is crazy friendly. For a budget hotel, this is one of the best I have ever been in. I know if we ever come that way again, this is the place we will be staying at again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 16, 2013

After a driving 12 hours I was tired and wanted a clean, comfortable and safe place to stay. The room was exactly what I was looking for and the bed was extremely comfortable. Front desk clerk was extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Beth S
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your stay. We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay. If you are ever in the area again we would enjoy seeing you again. Thanks again and safe travels!
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am big on customer service from the front line. As soon as I make a phone call my expectations kick in. Let me say that I was not disappointed. This hotel recently hosted our annual Women Retreat. The service, the staff and the hotel was excellent from start to finish. They went way above the call of duty. We plan on working with them again int he near future.

Pam K.

Room Tip: The atruim rooms are very good rooms to have.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
It was a pleasure to accomodate your group and to meet so many wonderful people! We thank you for your business and your words of kind praise. We would love to host your group again if you ever come back to the area. Thank you!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel a few nights and I have also had my wedding and reception at this location.The staff did an awesome job and did not force us to go over our budget. I highly recommend every person to stay and have their event at this location. Patricia and her staff went over and beyond and made everything perfect for us. The beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel was clean. The breakfast was very good. I recommend this location highly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy J
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for you kind words. It was our pleasure to work with you and your guests. We look forward to having you back with us anytime!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Worst experience ever! We had a group of 16 girls for the MWCG Championships and they lost the reservations. Once parents moved hotels or rooms the girls were accomodated in some less than desierable rooms. Thins 4 girls and 1 bed. I was moved to a 4th floor jacuzzi room which should have been great. The minute I opened the door I was met with an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke coming from the non smoking room. Finding ash on the jacuzzi explained that. I complained and they did send housekeeping up to take a look. While looking I was party to the housekeepers displeasure at having to reclean the room. While she went to get cleaning supplies I took a further look at the rest of the room. Hair int he tub, sort of clean toilet, need I go on? The housekeeper returned with her spray bottle and rag and apparently a full bottle of air freshener. When I returned to the recleaned room the new smell was something mixed with the cigarette smoke. Other people with our group experienced gray film in the tubs and rust water from the faucets. Needless to say, we will not be staying again and I am telling everyone about this should they want to stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We had received your block of rooms through an online booking agency. That block of rooms had a cutoff date where all rooms needed to be picked up/reserved by each individual guest. Not all rooms were picked up by that cutoff date which resulted in the rooms being released. We followed through with the proper group procedures and cannot be held responsible if those rooms are not booked by the group. We tried our best to accomodate your group upon arrival with no reservations or confirmation numbers the best we could. We apologize for any inconveniece that you faced in your room and were happy to send housekeeping up immediately when you reported it to us to rectify the situation.
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we had a great experience and our kids loved it! I love the santa fe themed very cute, felt like a nice little get a way and didnt feel like we were in laporte! the girls at the front desk were great and welcoming. i wish i could have taken their names, but we stayed 3/13/13 evening if that helps. The rooms were clean and tidy the bathroom was clean. Its not a fancy place with a cold feel, its a charming cozy place.....dont let the front of the hotel fool you , ( somewhat plain ) :)

Room Tip: pool water was not very warm..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank karla r
everest, ks
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a very neat hotel... like a little retreat place that includes lots of extras. They have a little mini golf setup, a pool, hot tub, excercize room, game room and laundry. The set up is neat because it is almost like a little town within itself. We felt very at home and safe running around the hotel in just our socks :) The price is pretty good for what you get. There is a also a bar/restaurant with live music. This costs extra, so we didn't use it. My only complaint if you call it a complaint is that the top floor smelled like squashed grand daddy long legs.. (so I'm glad we were on the bottom floor). Also, the hot tub was a little grimy in places, so it made your toes curl a little, but did the job. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet place when we were there. It was the middle of winter tho....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bojowag
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!