Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Worst experience ever! We had a group of 16 girls for the MWCG Championships and they lost the reservations. Once parents moved hotels or rooms the girls were accomodated in some less than desierable rooms. Thins 4 girls and 1 bed. I was moved to a 4th floor jacuzzi room which should have been great. The minute I opened the door I was met with an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke coming from the non smoking room. Finding ash on the jacuzzi explained that. I complained and they did send housekeeping up to take a look. While looking I was party to the housekeepers displeasure at having to reclean the room. While she went to get cleaning supplies I took a further look at the rest of the room. Hair int he tub, sort of clean toilet, need I go on? The housekeeper returned with her spray bottle and rag and apparently a full bottle of air freshener. When I returned to the recleaned room the new smell was something mixed with the cigarette smoke. Other people with our group experienced gray film in the tubs and rust water from the faucets. Needless to say, we will not be staying again and I am telling everyone about this should they want to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We had received your block of rooms through an online booking agency. That block of rooms had a cutoff date where all rooms needed to be picked up/reserved by each individual guest. Not all rooms were picked up by that cutoff date which resulted in the rooms being released. We followed through with the proper group procedures and cannot be held responsible if those rooms are not booked by the group. We tried our best to accomodate your group upon arrival with no reservations or confirmation numbers the best we could. We apologize for any inconveniece that you faced in your room and were happy to send housekeeping up immediately when you reported it to us to rectify the situation.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

we had a great experience and our kids loved it! I love the santa fe themed very cute, felt like a nice little get a way and didnt feel like we were in laporte! the girls at the front desk were great and welcoming. i wish i could have taken their names, but we stayed 3/13/13 evening if that helps. The rooms were clean and tidy the bathroom was clean. Its not a fancy place with a cold feel, its a charming cozy place.....dont let the front of the hotel fool you , ( somewhat plain ) :)

Room Tip: pool water was not very warm..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank karla r
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a very neat hotel... like a little retreat place that includes lots of extras. They have a little mini golf setup, a pool, hot tub, excercize room, game room and laundry. The set up is neat because it is almost like a little town within itself. We felt very at home and safe running around the hotel in just our socks :) The price is pretty good for what you get. There is a also a bar/restaurant with live music. This costs extra, so we didn't use it. My only complaint if you call it a complaint is that the top floor smelled like squashed grand daddy long legs.. (so I'm glad we were on the bottom floor). Also, the hot tub was a little grimy in places, so it made your toes curl a little, but did the job. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet place when we were there. It was the middle of winter tho....
3  Thank bojowag
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this property on 2/23/2013 and enjoyed our stay again. We had just gotten back from New Jersey and needed sometime just for him and myself. Krystal took care of us once again. We stayed in the Queen Jacuzzi Suite. The staff was once again friendly and polite. The food at Timbers was excellent as well as the staff. I had a few drinks in the bar and some appetizers. Definitely worth the money we spent. The bartender was sweet and very professional. She made wonderful suggestions and she was very outgoing. In the morning we had breakfast sent via room service. The food was hot, fresh, and delicious. We HIGHLY recommend this property for couples that just need a night or weekend to themselves. The staff is outstanding! They are patient, kind, and understanding of any situation. They work their hardest to provide the best service possible for guests staying at the property. Thank you ladies for working so hard!

****Side note***** This is a note for the guests that stay at the property. If you are going to bring your kids to this place please watch them! Running up and down the walkways to rooms and screaming at 9pm at night is unacceptable. Parent your children and do not put the hotel in a situation of having to parent your kids for you. It's rude to other guests and it put the hotel is a tricky situation. The hotel has outstanding staff and to put their positions in jeopardy because you can't stop drinking to take care of your kids is ridiculous and neglectful. I wish this hotel could call CPS on those parents when they see that.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCRANE0603
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Your kind words are very much appreciated. We are always tremendously happy when a guest has a wonderful experience such as your's. Thank you so much for the praise and kind compliments. You have made our day!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I go here each February from 3 hours away. We meet with about 20 friends and we really look forward to it. The staff is very friendly and will do anything to make our stay comfortable. The food in the restaurant is excellent, but expect to wait (and wait...and wait) for it. When a couple questioned the wait we were told, "well, if you would have told us you were going to eat here, we could have prepared for it" (we had told them months earlier). Soooo...hotel service, excellent! Restaurant service...not. Again the food was great, but half our group opted for pizza the next night because of the service...it's a shame that the restaurant lost that business because of slow, "it's not my fault" service. Just a hint owner, if your customers are waiting over two hours for food, at least offer a free drink, desert, or discount off the bill. We'll still go back because the hotel itself is great.

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Kathie L
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Kathie L.
Thank you so much for telling us the about the details of your stay. We are sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience in our restaurant. We will use your feedback to help improve restaurant satisfaction for other guests. Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel. We definitely appreciate and look forward to hosting your group here every year and hope to see you next year!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a wonder two night stay for my birthday. friends and family stopped in for visiting and didn't here of any complaints.Didn't have any problems with the staff, room was clean and ready and the room I requested (poolside). We stayed Saturday night and Sunday night The best time was Suday at noon when parents checked out with the kids. Parents in the hot tub with 5 & 6 year olds meaningfuly splashing and kicking other customers was not nice. parents that bring kids should teach kids to respect others feelings or don't bring them. I like kids, Ihave kids myself, I just feel they should be a limited amount and age of kids for the hot tub area. And the parents should be watched that there taking care of their kids. Sunday afternoon was the relaxing time I was there for. Best Western in Laporte, Indiana has all the comfort I'm looking for on the right day.

Room Tip: main floor (poolside) the only area I've stayed
1  Thank Frances E

Frances,
We are so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! I personally remember you from your stay and it was a pleasure to see you here again. Your feedback about the pool/jacuzzi area regarding the children will help us in handling issues like this in the future. We apologize that the first half of your weekend in the pool area was not as pleasing as it should have been. Again, thank you so much and we hope to see you help you again in the future!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at Best Western on 2-23 to 2-24 of 2013 with my husband and 2 kids..My main reason for staying there is for the pool and room service..I had a awful experience with room service for dinner and breakfast..The waitress had a very bad attitude and made her mistakes mine.. I guess customer service is out the window with her..Got my room number wrong at dinner and told me that i gave her the wrong room number..No i did not and i told her..She did not apologize at all but the lady that helped her bring the food did..Spent very good money at dinner and i thought she could have had a better attitude..For breakfast the same lady brought me 2 orders of the same food and did not apparently see my note..the menu u order from for room servvice for breakfast, u better not want 2 orders of the same thing but one thing is cooked diffrently..The waitress will get to confused i guess..
MAKE SURE u make sure ur toilet is clean..I was giving my baby a bath that nite and looked over and saw black stuff in toilet bowl to the top..Laziness! Thank God I had Lysol and sprayed the WHOLE toilet..I will NOT stay there again...If i had too i would like to see the room first before i pay..Hope this stuff is helpful...The front desk ladies were AWESOME!! no complaints there..

Room Tip: any room near the pool...Just try to see the room first and make sure they cleaned it good enough
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Let me begin by thanking you for your detailed feedback. It is feedback like this that helps us to improve the way we manage all aspects of our property. We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the treatment that you should have. We would love to make it up to you. If you are ever in the area please contact the Assistant General Manager or the General Manager and we will help you personally. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
Best Western Indian Oak
Best Western Indian Oak
#2 of 5 in Chesterton
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!