All reviews shuffle board timbers restaurant la porte mini golf room was clean an older hotel free breakfast a great stay hot tub staff was friendly waffles pine lake patricia lounge bw crystal shuffleboard
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were coming home from Milwaukee to Cleveland, and stopped here as kind of a mid-way point. There were no towels in the pool area, and the pool was warmer than the hot tub! The room we booked said atrium view, and we got a view of the parking lot. Also, the room was FREEZING!! You turn the a/c off, and the room is stuffy. The a/c control has a little dial that has numbers on it, that usually lets you control how warm/cool it is. Not here. It's low, high or off. But, I didn't get chewed on by bedbugs, so I'm happy! :)

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank WearyTraveler522
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights over Labor Day weekend for a wedding. The price was much lower than the other hotels, and for the price we paid we were very satisfied with the room. It's basic but it had everything we needed and everything looked clean. Beds were comfortable (we much prefer these beds over the very hard ones at the Holiday Inn Express in town). The free wifi worked great. We visited the bar in the hotel and there were actually a lot of people there. We didn't visit the pool.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My friends and I stayed here on friday for a birthday. We went to the jacuzzi and pool and had dinner in the bar in the hotel. everything was delicious! We had a room on the upper floor and the beds were amazing! I would love to have one of the beds! front desk was great in giving us the train schedule for south shore to go to chicago and printing us some other directions for the places we were going there. they really did help a lot. it was a fun weekend over all. thank you!

Room tip: desk is helpful in giving tips for travel and getting directions if you need them
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel was very good in general. Two thigs that my family enjoyed the most was the pool that has an inside and a outside part. The second is that the restaurant is excellent. Two things to improve are the internet wireless connection. I had no signal in my room, I need to bring my computer close to the lobby in order to connect. The hotel fare is reasonable and the hotel is located close (30 min) to Indiana Dunes and Michigan City. The Pine Lake (1 block from the hotel) is beautiful.

Room tip: There are rooms right next to the pool
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed 8/4/12-8/5/12 and this is a huge party place and full of children. Very Loud, our room 246 was clean but the 2 full size beds were Terribly uncomfortable.. My husband went out around 2 am into the hallway and saw a woman, drunk nearly passed out sleeping on her suitcase! Someone else was yelling to a bunch of partiers, "read the bible!" It was 116.00, not cheap.
The other complaint, you have to walk through unairconditioned hallways to get to your room, very unpleasant especially with 90+ degree temperatures.
If you like to get stinking drunk, and have bible thumpers yelling at you stay here. If you like to have many rug rats running around stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth P
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you so much for your feedback that will enable us to make future stays even better for guests. We do want to apologize for you having to encounter such behavior from other guests of the hotel. It is not the norm I assure you. We have taken precautions to prevent this sort of behavior from happening in our hotel again. We would love to see you at our facility again in the future to make ammends for your stay last time. Again, thank you for your review.