“Best Western Plus LaPorte”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel was very good in general. Two thigs that my family enjoyed the most was the pool that has an inside and a outside part. The second is that the restaurant is excellent. Two things to improve are the internet wireless connection. I had no signal in my room, I need to bring my computer close to the lobby in order to connect. The hotel fare is reasonable and the hotel is located close (30 min) to Indiana Dunes and Michigan City. The Pine Lake (1 block from the hotel) is beautiful.

Room Tip: There are rooms right next to the pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed 8/4/12-8/5/12 and this is a huge party place and full of children. Very Loud, our room 246 was clean but the 2 full size beds were Terribly uncomfortable.. My husband went out around 2 am into the hallway and saw a woman, drunk nearly passed out sleeping on her suitcase! Someone else was yelling to a bunch of partiers, "read the bible!" It was 116.00, not cheap.
The other complaint, you have to walk through unairconditioned hallways to get to your room, very unpleasant especially with 90+ degree temperatures.
If you like to get stinking drunk, and have bible thumpers yelling at you stay here. If you like to have many rug rats running around stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elizabeth p
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you so much for your feedback that will enable us to make future stays even better for guests. We do want to apologize for you having to encounter such behavior from other guests of the hotel. It is not the norm I assure you. We have taken precautions to prevent this sort of behavior from happening in our hotel again. We would love to see you at our facility again in the future to make ammends for your stay last time. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Realizing this was a small midwestern town my expectations weren't huge, but they were not met even at that. The hotel front desk staff was very helpful and friendly; the property itself was not well kept up or maintained. Lots of maintenance is needed. The rooms are a bit rundown and not particularly clean. The hotel access to the rooms is all indoor, but there is no climate control, so the humidity and heat were terrible in the halls and common areas. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank silverius1
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Booked this hotel for a one night stay off their website for my husband and I. Was also involved in a bait and switch with no explanation. Reserved a room with 1 king size bed and they gave us a room with 2 queen beds. At check out I questioned it and the woman at the desk told me we were actually upgraded from a room with 2 dbl beds to one with 2 queens. I told her I didn't reserve a room with 2 dbls and showed her my confirming email. She told me they never read emails. Other issues: the hall way was hot (they had their heat on), it smelled musty, our room was freezing cold (the air was left on), the heat in our room caused the smoke detector to go off and there was a burning smell coming from it. The only things we liked were: the beds were comfortable, liked the shower (though I had a hard time turning off the water) and we liked the breakfast buffet. Other than that we will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

There's better options in La Porte, though this one does have its own restaurant and bar. Unfortunately, due to the atrium style setup we found that we could hear nearly everything from the main floor and pool area upstairs in our room. We've stayed at Embassy Suites hotels before (similar design) and it wasn't that loud. Plus, the next morning at 7am some kids were screaming up and down the hallway. Nice parenting. This did not make for a good experience. Lastly, the front desk clerk (blonde female) was rude to my wife for no apparent reason as we were courteous to her.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

On behalf of our property, I would like to thank you for your review. It is feedback like this that helps us become a better hotel. We are taking your feedback and using that to determine what steps should be taken to prevent this issue from continuing. We would love for you to give us another chance if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Using the Best Western website, I reserved a king jr suite. Upon arrival they put me in a king business room explaining they gave my room to a wedding party. The room was noisy all night due to the strange layout of the rooms. They all face inward toward a 3 story open, indoor court yard with indoor pool and game room. The rooms have large windows facing the courtyard so all that activity noise comes right into your room.

Room Tip: Due to the design, there are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize for the situation. Of course, this should not happen. Your feedback enabled us to handle the situation so that hopefully it won’t happen again. We would like to encourage your stay again in the future and would be please to offer an upgrade for you inconvenience. Thank you again for your candor.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here because of a buddy's wedding this past weekend. The had our group all put together in the same area which was nice. The wedding reception was great with great food from their kitchen and banquet people. I wasn't going to stay since I didn't live very far away but it turned out to be good since we were drinking at the reception it turned out to be a little safer. After the reception we went into the bar they have and watched a pretty good band to end our evening. Housekeeping was quick to get us extra towels that night after the reception since we had used ours in the pool, so thanks! The staff were all great and accommodating to our wedding party and we all really appreciated it! Great wedding!

Room Tip: if you stay with multiple rooms the balcony rooms with tables outside are perfect to gather.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

On behalf of our staff we would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased that your group had a wonderful stay and we also hope to serve you in the future as well!

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
#2 of 5 in Chesterton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!