“Wonderful Stay!”
Review of Arbor Hill Inn

Arbor Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 LaPorte B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our first experience at a B & B. I was a little hesitant, but after arriving and seeing our room, i was very impressed. We stayed at the main house in the Scotts Lady of The Lake. What a beautiful room....very spacious and very clean. We woke each morning to the smell of bacon. The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and accommodating. We just needed a little getaway and is was perfect. I am looking forward to going back again in the summer months. The area is nice and close to the outlet mall and the Casino.....great time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2012

How sweet it is to find such a treasure in La Porte! Absolutely gorgeous Craftsman-style home, beautifully restored high on a high above Pine Lake. Both ladies were so helpful, cheerful and accommodating in meeting my needs. Cozy, clean, excellent breakfast presented artistically. Quiet and relaxing. Excellent wifi. It was a delight to wake up in the morning after a sound sleep in the comfy bed and look outside at the horses and barn, all in autumn foliage. I highly recommend this place for any one individual or a group - wedding or women's retreat! A real jewel in La Porte County!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Like many first-class B&Bs, Arbor Hill was no slouch at comfort, cleanliness, and quiet. We stayed in the Northe Pointe room upstairs in the Annex. BTW, the Annex is just north of the original mansion and is a separate building. As we were the only occupants that night, the house was as quiet as King Tut's tomb. Spacious bathroom (with both shower stall and jacuzzi tub) and a large, comfortable bed. Breakfast was served next door. It was served at the time we asked (earlyish) because we had a morning meeting with a LaPorte businessman. No problem to accommodate our breakfast wishes, both his and ours. Definitely we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Annex Northe Pointe. Don't bypass the rooms in the main house though.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have family in LaPorte, and when we visit we always stay at Arbor Hill. This was our 7th or 8th visit. The staff is the best at any B&B we have ever stayed at. Always clean, great breakfast, and a staff that is the friendliest. Our home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The accommodation was beautiful, the room superb, the bathroom modern and immaculate. My only puzzlement was in the breakfast. I asked for and received a bowl of oatmeal cooked, per my request, with rice mile I had brought with me (due to food restrictions). I asked for an order of bacon and a serving of fruit, expecting at least a reasonable portion of both. Instead, I was given only a single piece of bacon, and a garnish, not a serving, of fruit, containing perhaps five bites. After spending $130 including tax for a modest room, I had expected better. I didn't say anything while there, but I will say it now. I found this to be inexplicably chintzy. Were it not for that, I would have given a five rating.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank no-business-of-yours
Kris D, Owner at Arbor Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We have always been blessed with wonderful guests and have the joy of interacting with them throughout their stay. We certainly enjoyed visiting with you at the end of each day and hearing of your “excursions” enjoying the area amenities. We are also pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations. We strive to make every stay exceed our guest’s expectations and are saddened that you were dissatisfied with your breakfast and greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We are truly sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay and thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve Arbor Hill Inn. Thank you again for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was looking for a place to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and I decided to give a try to this bed and breakfast. I'm so glad I did it, because it was exactly as I was expecting. Very romantic suites. Also, we had dinner at a very close restaurant named t-bone, and the food was spectacular and the sight stunning. The perfect anniversary celebration

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were married April 21, 2012 across the street from Arbor Hill Inn, we couldn't have asked for better accomodations. I looked for lodging for my out of town family during our wedding and drove past this one day visiting my husbands family. I talked to the ladies and then we emailed back and forth several times while I was trying to decide how I wanted to do this. We figured it out with the package the Inn offers if you book the whole Inn it was the same as getting a Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn, so why stay there? Rooms are spacious, clean, beautiful, and quiet.

Breakfasts are outstanding. The owners/staff are wonderful.

All of my wedding party and East Coast family stayed here the weekend of the wedding, and they all thought I went over the top (even though my wedding cost less than all of theirs). We also held a bridal party luncheon prepared and brought in to the Inn.

Photos were also taken at the Inn inside and out, and what a beautiful backdrop the Inn is for wedding photos. We talked so long to the owners when we left that we accidentally kept the key for the room, we had to return it on our next visit, though I really wanted to sneak in and stay. If we didnt have family in the area i'm sure we would stay again and again. :)

Room Tip: WA Jones Retreat is a very spacious room, with a large tub, kitchenette and seating area. Great for...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina W
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
The Blue Heron Inn
Holiday Inn Express La Porte Indiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Baymont Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Arbor Hill Inn? Share your experiences!