“High prices and inconsistent prices and policies”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rocky Mountain Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in LaPorte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High prices and inconsistent prices and policies”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I go here occasionally since it is only 1 of 2 coffee shops in this small town. On the few occassions that I have stopped in with friends or just sat for a little bit to relax, I would get a refill on my coffee. I find that sometimes they offer refills and other times do not. Maybe it depends on who is helping you or what the policy of the day is. I never thought I would say it, but what I would do for a Starbucks, Carribou, Dunkin Donuts, or Seattles Best coffee shop.

North Carolina
“Our favorite coffee house in LaPorte”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We visit LaPorte quite often and always make it a point to go to Rocky Mountain Cafe for our wake up coffee and breakfast sandwiches. We honestly think their coffee blows Starbuck's away. They also offer a great variety of sandwiches, muffins, and other goodies.
Another big bonus for us is that they have WIFI for us to stay connected during our stay.
You can't go wrong with Rocky Mountain Cafe.
Keep up the good work Folks!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank IndyBoy1
New Buffalo, Michigan
“Love this coffee house”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I used to live in laporte now i moved about 20to minutes away. This was my favorite coffee shop ever and still is. I still drive there from time to time just to get my Peruvian Mocha glacier latte with an extra shot if espressos. They have awesome cinnamon rolls too.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prices are high and some of the staff are rude”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Im a Starbucks gold card member and rocky mountain prices are much higher than Starbucks, especially for anything other than a plain coffee. They nickel and dime you for everything, .50 for each shot of flavor(that can add up, 3 shots adds another $1.50 to the price of the drink), .50 for whip cream, etc. These add on are all free on the Starbucks gold card. The sweet rolls are sometimes good and other times stale, you never know. If it wasn't taken out of an oven that morning then identify it as day old or throw it out. Don't want to pay over $2 for bakery items that are day old. Some of the Young female staff are rude. I waited for a drink that I paid for while the girl waited on three cars at the drive-up. I've also been in line when the girl has been rude to a customer asking for a refill on their coffee. Their rudeness is heard and seen by not only the person they are waiting on but other patrons.

Indiana
“Average but Clean”
Reviewed February 21, 2009

The coffee is average and a bit overpriced. The desserts are obviously frozen, not home-baked. My biggest complaint is that they aren't open to the convenience of the public. The owners must think that Laporte doesn't drink coffee after 5 and not at all on Sunday. For full service coffee shops drive to Michigan City. LaPorte does have another coffee shop which also sells ice cream but it is so dirty I can't recommend it.