“no pleasing some people”

The Bluff Resort Apartments
Seaspray
“no pleasing some people”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Best view in town, stunning views in fact. We drove so having the car made getting into town easy. The staff were very happy and friendly from our first phone contact. The room was big enough for the two of us and it was very modern and bright. I live in downtown Melbourne in an apartment block that has 250 apartments - when you live in apartments you get some noise from those around you!!!!! Turn up the radio!!! I read the negative reviews people post with horror and feel sorry for those in the industry who try so hard. I loved this place so much we stayed 3 nights. I hope the negative folk have spotless homes and cars? I hope these folk are the hardest workers - I have a feeling this would not be the case…..

Loved the shower and yes would stay here again and again..

Thanks Bluff Resort

Room Tip: Must have a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frank C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Angaston, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in june. I'll start with the positives, what a view! Stayed in ocean view studio could see granite island, most f victor harbour, even surfers out on water! Room was nicely laid out and small espresso machine was a nice touch. Foxtel sport and movie channels are available. Pool looks nice but was way too cold for us to try. Also recieved a free bottle of wine on arrival. Receptionist was also very nice on arrival! Couple of small negatives. Walls seem quite thin and noises from other apartments can be noticeable. Could see a special deal for winter being a good idea. Although view is fantastic! Room wasnt
Spectacular and a small price cut on the ocean view rooms would be good during none peak periods. Overall nice stay, thanks.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at The Bluff Resort from 6/6/14-9/6/14 the room was beautiful and they had covered everything. The views are breath taking and the rooms are spacious and cosy we are now saving to return and have another wonderful weekend away. The staff make you feel like you are the most important guest and were so helpful as I wasn't sure about which room there was never any pressure to book but they made things so easy. They have foxtel, good size tvs and dvd players in the room we stayed in and even though there were people in the next apartment you couldn't hear them and privacy was maintained. We give it a 5 star rating and again can't wait to return. My family and I were able to reconnect and we haven't felt so relaxed.

Room Tip: we didn't require children activities or the fitness centre so I can't comment on those.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tanya R
Melbourne
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I admit, I was a little hesitant booking this place after reading some of the negative reviews.
But we were pleasantly surprised and loved it so much that we would return in a heartbeat.
Firstly, the view from our sea view studio apartment on the 3rd floor (room 311) was AMAZING! It would have to be the BEST 180 degree, panoramic view of the bay, Victor Harbour and Islands of ANY accommodation in the area.
The sunrises and sunsets were amazing.
Although not brand new, the apartment was stylish, clean and well maintained. Only downside was the kitchenette which was quite tiny, but we still managed to cook bacon and eggs for breakfast. The Nespresso Coffee machine was a welcome addition and easy to use.
No complaints, great value and a VERY enjoyable stay. We ate at the restaurant EAT, next door and that was also great. Love Encounter Bay!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandi28
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed here with my partner for a weekend getaway for my birthday and chose this "resort apartment" because of how nice it looked on the website and I thought it was great value for money.. But I was very wrong! The photos online look nothing like the actual rooms. The floor in every room was not cleaned properly as I found bugs and hair. There is no curtains upstairs so there is no privacy. No hot water - this disappointed me a lot considering we paid top dollar for two people in a three bedroom apartment and I was excited to use the spa. It does say wifi and foxtel in the rooms but we had neither even though I requested for both. The apartment had outdated furniture/decor. Whoever made the booking knew it was my birthday so I would of expected something more than what we got. And there was no tv in the bedroom. I'm really disappointed in the service and would highly recommend people to say ELSEWHERE! For $170 a night for two people you can stay at The Anchorage and have a spa suite - much nicer and realistic pricing.. Oh and it's in the heart of Victor Harbour. I will be asking for a refund and advise anyone else that has had a terrible experience like myself to do so.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Shortstuffxx
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Basic motel, less of a resort. Our room 'with no seas' should have been described as 'no view at all', just of the wall of the front units. The noise of anyone walking below the unit can be heard pretty clearly.
We booked this place because we thought it had simple cooking facilities, however it's very basic facilities, not even a microwave. Crockery which is only of use if you're having cereal, coffee or making a sandwich. Tiniest of wardrobes, internet 'around the pool area' (not great if its raining), but we did manage to get a connection sporadically from our unit.
About the most positive things I can say is that it was clean (which is the most basic of expectations anyway), and looked recently renovated.

Room Tip: A 'suite' is most definitely not a suite, and no sea views means no view whatsoever.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen G
TheBluffGM, General Manager at The Bluff Resort Apartments, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
As assistance in booking at 'The Bluff' our Suites are motel style suites; clean comfortable accommodation with bar fridge, tea & coffee facilities. They provide an inexpensive nightly rate yet allow you to take full advantage of the resorts facilities. For a fantastic ocean view, kitchens, spa baths etc please book our studios or apartments. Please see our website for details
Melbourne
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Do not book suite room anything starting with a 2
The rooms look directly onto room in front only 3m from your window
Misleading advertising - room is fine if u want the blinds shut otherwise u look into the room in front and can see everything in there.
Not happy
Having said all that they did offer us an upgrade for more $ which we took.
Management needs to say on website no view at all, in fact looking straight on to building in front.
There was no milk in the fridge so no tea/coffee for us - left early next morning in search of breakfast and some seaside views.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TheBluffGM, Manager at The Bluff Resort Apartments, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
The purpose of our suites is to provide an economical stay where guests can enjoy the resort's facilities at the lowest possible price option. We are very clear on our own website and third party sites that these Suites do not feature ocean views. However after receiving this complaint we will amend to 'Suites do not feature views.' in an effort to be crystal clear.

On the bright side I am glad you were upgraded to a Studio with a view which I'm sure in such a busy period took a certain amount of luck and staff management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encounter Bay
#1 of 6 in Victor Harbor
Seascape Retreat
Seascape Retreat
#4 of 11 in Victor Harbor

Been to The Bluff Resort Apartments? Share your experiences!