“lee waters”

Boyne Island Motel & Villas
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Boyne Island
Reviewed February 4, 2012

this place is one of the best ive stayed in and i have stayed in guite alot, very very clean, great managers that will go out of there way to help you feel comfertable, excellent food and great size dishes aswell! ive read some of the other reviews i for the life of me cannot understand why anyone could have a bad word to say !! but you get weirdo,s everywhere that help but cause trouble for otheres. my rooms have allways been cleaned very often and Neil and his wife are the best hosts ive ever mett , the bech is right next door and very safe for kids as there very welcome at the motel and catured for with saftey inmind i highly recomand Boyne island motel and villas to everyone !! two thumbs up hey ! :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lee W

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We recently stayed at Boyne Island Motel & Villas for 2 weeks and it was GREAT. A hearty THANK YOU to Jenny & Neil for making our stay very comfortable and for their warm, friendly smiles. Nothing was ever a bother.The Villla was clean and very comfortable. The area is very peaceful and great for families. I definitely wouldnt take note of the bad comments left as we will be returning during the next school holidays.
Thanks Neil, Jenny & Jack

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nikkiporter71
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My partner and I recently stayed at The Boyne Island Motel and Villas. After a VERY long car trip, it was a great place to rest for the night. Neil and Jenny were friendly and the atmosphere was peaceful. Very quiet too. We slept really well. It is a little disturbing to read the bad reviews people have posted for this motel. Don't take any notice of them, it is a great place to stay and would be even better if you had the time to holiday there!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kerri S
Reviewed August 17, 2011

While my stay at the villas, after 7 days I had to ask when the room was going to be cleaned & sheets changed, this happened 4 times in 5 weeks, remotes taken off me for leaving heat pump on while I went to work on night shift he told me that I had to be punished, wouldn't replace gas bottle because we used to many burners on the bbq we had to be punished again. Would be sleeping after nightshift he would send cleaners in at midday to clean the room.'' He would walk around at midday with a wheelie bin half full of stubbies making hell of a racket '' He locked the doors to the laundrys signs put not allowed to wash work clothes. ''This whole place was booked out by a company which he was getting good money for & he could not apply a service that he should of done, blokes couldn't cook any tea on the bbq there was no GAS. One poor worker had just knocked off night shift sitting outside his villa minding his own business when HE walked up to him & told him he had 1 hr toget out, he asked why his response was I don't like you. Often heard the manager & wife swearing there heads off at each other the language that came out of his mouth was terrible & he didn't care who was around. Make sure you keep blinds closed he has a habbit of peeping in windows of the night & harrassing women when there partners wern't around & charges for things that have been paid for.The RSPCA also need to pay him a visit after the way he treated his sons dog. If you do decide to stay there never give him your credit card details. People like this should never have such a business, no customer service, a matter of fact no f------ service at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank madiline h
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Outrageous! An absolutely foul man named Mark who works there would not allow me to pay money on a booking my family had had booked since December. He said he couldn't do anyting without a confirmation number and did not even bother looking up the name or calling the manager Neil to ask for help. Instead, he ignored our questions and wouldn't give us a straight answer. He then decided to physically grab my mother in law and push her out of the office door. He said that he has the right to do this because we were causing a disturbance. I couldn not believe what was happening!!!!!!We did not even yell at him. We just asked him questions about the bookings. He is a psychopath! He also pushed me in the back as I stepped out of the office. We have contacted the police about this matter.
He has been telling people he has signed a contract with Bechtel and can't get out of it and this is why people can not have their bookings.
Menawhile, about 3-4 weeks ago on a weekend I went and confirmed the bookings with another lady who works there and she said that they were 'working around' the bookings that they already have. I confirmed the name of the booking and she said that there was no problem and no need for desposit as they had catered for them. It was only when my family rang to pay for the rooms, that they told them that the rooms were given to Bechtel. They didn't even bother ringing them to tell them (of course- gutless!) and the wedding is only 4 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder how Bechtel would feel about this and if they condone this behaviour????????????? Shame, shame , shame on you people at this hotel/motel/villa! 0/10! Worst service in the world! Do not EVER stay here! EVER!!!!!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank annoyedingladstone
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have had the most interesting trip! Faulty microwave oven, try the barbeque. No gas, ask the manager. Reply: "I'm not buying any more gas - you all use too much", No toilet paper, ask the manager. Reply "buy your own, we only provide the first complimentary". Same with any other amenities. Charged at a rate that was thought up after one week of arriving and constantly querying "exactly how much are we supposed to be paying?" Garden blower being used at 7pm at night. Shut the blinds in a feeble attempt to muffle the sound. Abusive response yelled out by the manager to the effect of "If they don't like it they can all leave! - I do what I want WHEN I want". Room invasion at 7pm at night by the cleaner AND the manager - "we are coming to clean the bathroom". Two nights later the manager invaded the room again when I was preparing to shower. Faulty Towers?? No, Boyne Island Motel and Villas - what a nightmare! We are desperately trying to sign a contract to purchase just to get away from here - beautiful surroundings, filthy rooms, pathetic service, rudeness, disrespect.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank HaveNotChanged
Reviewed June 22, 2011

After reading other reviews I am actually glad our accommodation got cancelled by the Boyne Motel. We booked weeks in advance for a stay at the end of June and 3 days before departure they email us and say there was some confusion and they have cancelled our booking and booked someone else in !!! Not even a phone call (the excuse was they had no contact details, which they would have had as I had emailed them several times, got no reply, tried to phone and only once the phone was answered).... all in all and together with the reviews of other people: Don't waste your time trying to phone them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reef Adventureland Motor Inn
Reef Adventureland Motor Inn
#18 of 22 in Gladstone
Discovery Parks - Tannum Sands

Been to Boyne Island Motel & Villas? Share your experiences!