“You Lucky Lafayettians!!”

Good for: Families with children
Ohio
“You Lucky Lafayettians!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stopped here on the way to Ohio from NW Indiana after seeing Telp reviews. Oh. My. God. The tacos are out of this world! Simple, authentic, hit the spot good Mexican grub.
Wish we lived in your town!

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Authentic experience at a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Moved here from California and Arizona with dozens of weekends in Ensenada, MX so I've had lots of Mexican food from several regions. I've eaten here often. This restaurant has authentic recipes with very fresh ingredients. Most of the use of dried spices is middle of the road and some Americans may of course prefer something hotter. Mole sauce is quite good. The people are friendly and try to be helpful, once you seat yourself. The menu is surprisingly broad and they do each offering quite well, from steak to shrimp to traditional soups. Willing to make tripe or chorizo versions as well. Ambiance as others have described, including loud futbol matches or soap operas on TV, is also "authentic."

• Visited September 2011
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Not sure how this got to #2”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I should have known better when, on Cinco de Mayo, there was only one table with any patrons...but a friend said that TacoRico had good food and was a good value...so I purchased carryout - 24 tortas - to feed our hardworking employees....I picked up a menu at 3PM and told them that I'd be calling in a large carry out order soon. I had to repeat my order 3x on teh phone because they didn't quite believe that I wanted to order that much food (2nd indication that they don't do very much business). When I arrived to pick up my order, I was pretty much ignored by the 3 waitresses who were very busy catching up with each other...but my order was ready. After I paid for my order, the waitresses went back to chatting, pointing over to the pile of 5 boxes of food. I carried these out...thought they felt kind of light, but I just figured they were spread out into several boxes so it was decieving. Not so, I should have looked at the meals before I left. The menu clearly stated that the tortas came with rice & beans...we got none or chips or anything exepct a sandwich. But, I had hungry employees, so I apologized to them, pulled out some chips and other misc. leftovers to complete their meal and ate. After dinner, I called to ask about the rice & beans and was told that was old information and they don't include that anymore. Well, had I known that, I would have ordered some or made other arrangements. I was very disappointed in the attitude, service, mgmt response and money I spent at this restaurant.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank feet2wash
Lafayette, Indiana
“wonderful place-good food and service”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Tried this place because of trip advisor reviews--is as good as everyone says! Have been there several times--food is always great-large portions-and chips and salsa are awesome! Their burritos are huge and they have a large selection of meats to choose from. Would definately recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank thefamily3
Lafayette
“Yummy Food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Taco Rico has delicious food, reasonable prices, and great service. I absolutely love their steak tacos (with just cilantro and onion) and you have to order their guac (made just right). I've been going to this place for the last 4 years, and I promise that you will not be disappointed.