“Rude”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #19 of 239 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I went in for lunch today 5/21/12 and the girl behind the counter was so rude I was appalled! She was just "above" helping people, I work in customer service and have worked in food as well and I know how it is supposed to go. She didn't smile and when I asked for sides she rolled her eyes and pointed behind her it was just rude. The food was good but we will not be returning because the service outweighed the good food. I will not be returning or referring any of my co-workers, friends, or family there again. My company often caters through mcallisters and we have switched to Panera the food was great and the staff was very helpful.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Too crowded. Everytime I have been there, the wait is very long and I will not wait a long time unless it is really special.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Ordered the House club sandwich. I noticed right off the bread was stale and dry. It didn't seem toasted either. I ask the help about it and they seemed stunned and confused. They didn't remake the whole sandwich. Just the portion I had eaten. This seemed idiotic. It didn't improve the taste.Otherwise the ham was very good. My friend had the giant stuffed baked potato. He said it was very good. The tea was good. Price was rather high $6.99 with one side order which was very good cole slaw. Giant tea was good $1.79. Going back one more time to see if it improves.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This place is great! Everyone is helpful and kind. The place is very clean. The food is made from quality ingredients and it is fresh. The salads are very good and unique. Get a sweet tea.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Being from out of town, you don't always know where to eat. We were in Lafayette for about a week and ended up eating there twice. The iced tea was very good as were the salads and sandwiches we tried. Definitely give this place a try for lunch.