New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Cleveland, Ohio
“Reservation price changed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booked our room on the phone and were quoted a price of $62 per night. Arrived at the hotel and was told the room was $105 plus taxes. I was basically called a liar by the manager that I couldn't possibly have been quoted a price of $62. Also if you stay here they don't provide shampoo or Kleenex.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Frankfort, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

While staying at this Motel 6 I thought it was fair. It was the cheapest hotel/motel around the area and provided good discounts if qualified for(AAA was mine). When I first arrived I was checked in by a young woman, she was very friendly and knew enough about the area to provide me with a good restaurant to dine at for the night. As soon as I got into the room I checked out the area like I always do. The room was nice and clean and so was the bathroom. I had very well rested nights sleep in the bed. I thought this Motel 6 did a nice job in appearance as well and I got what I paid for.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We had to switch from another hotel to this one at the last minute - cleaning staff set up a room quickly for us. After an hour we discovered to tony bugs, and then bed bugs. Took one to the front desk and they refunded our money immediately.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank MMM1

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Annandale, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Good reviews made us stay here in our visit to this city. We do a lot of traveling to low price motels (and some upscale ones too) as we are on a budget. My husband and I have never had trouble with bugs anywhere but there is a strong possibility that we had bugs in our room. Can't prove it but beware! We had been touring a battlefield and it rained and I went back out to explore more so could have gotten chiggers from that day.

We found the check in young man very friendly and nice. Price was fair, about $10 higher than most Motel 6 places but we got a senior discount. Room looked clean and we checked the sheets and all around like we always do. We got two beds as husband wanted to stretch out. Husband at first was reading on bed with possible bugs but bedspread was on and the light on. Then he changed beds to be closer to TV and a brighter light. About five minutes after I laid down and turned the lights off, I felt some terrible itching. It was so bad I could not sleep! I got up in the middle of night and saw a few rashes on my arm. Thought it was from the sheets as sometimes I am allergic to certain detergents. I did not sleep all night as I was itching so bad. We left early the next morning, I was itching like crazy and from all that scratching, I later saw many bumps on my arms, hands and a few on my legs after we left the motel. Since I have never experienced bed bugs before (and we have stayed in some real cheap places) I will not say for sure. But when I looked online at bedbug bites, it sure looked like them. I had many on my arms and a few other places. So, I would forget this place. Bad experience. Should have asked for money back. I washed clothes immediately in hot water, dried in hot dryer and although luggage case was not near the bed, put it in plastic and placed in our hot car (it was 97 out the next day) for three days. 120 degree heat will kill bugs. I don't think we carried any possible bugs but thinking about the whole experience is not good. My husband had no bites at all. Perhaps his bed was OK. I am still itching a little now and then a week later.

Room Tip: No tips, I would never stay here again!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, full cable, and big truck parking. Rooms had microfridge and microwave. Great value and better beds than most motel 6's.

• Stayed July 2012
Laurel Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

a good place for just overnight on your way somewhere else. Impeccably clean. but no hairdryer or shampoo and only one face cloth. ONly a good deal if you have a coupon book ours was for 39.99 and with taxes was about $45. the mattress was a memory foam mattress and was extremely comfortable so I can't complain about the bed. Their also was no clock in the room so bring our own or set your alarm on your phone!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with the memory foam mattresses
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosie2456
Davenport, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! We made reservations about 6 weeks in advance and we were traveling with friends. I was told that the rate would be about 40 to 50 bucks per night. I did not think anything of it since my friends had thier room for $44.99 per night. When we got there the rate was $107.99 for me and my freinds was $44.99. Told that they made reservations online and I called, so mine was more. The first room: TV did not work, "body fluids" and hair on the matress cover on the first bed, on the second bed in the room the sheets were wrinkled with hair on the sheets and pillows, as if the sheets were not changed. Got a different room..

Second room: mold all over the shower curtian, sheets and towels not white and thin with small holes, lamp shades ripped, dirt and dust bunnies between the night stand and the bed, writing on the walls, chair with large stain.
Called and made complaint on the Monday to the GM and was told that they would give me $20.00 off. That was it.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends