“Comfortable room, but noisy A/C”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable room, but noisy A/C”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

The rooms are quite large and were very clean. The bedding is incredibly comfortable. We like the location because it is very close to the highway exit but not subject to road noise. The breakfast was very good.

However, both of the rooms had the same problem, a different noise issue. The A/C units were as loud as jet engines. We would have asked to change rooms but we were unaware of the problem until very late at night when we turned on the A/C.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate receiving feedback from our guests. We are glad that we could offer a good location, clean rooms and enjoyable breakfast. However, we are sorry that you found noise to be an issue. We have passed along this information to our maintenance staff so that the A/C units can be serviced.

Thank you again for your comments. We take pride in our hotel and use these comments to help make improvements to our property. We hope that we are able to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Orleans, Indiana
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We originally booked this hotel for 2 nights beginning May 23rd. We arrived early & was greeted by Joey who was both helpful & friendly. We spent the day visiting some sights around Lafayette & returned to check in a little early around 2. Our room was clean & exactly as we had reserved. However, the A/C unit was super noisy. We thought maybe it would stop after running for a while, but it did not. We called the front desk & Veronica promptly moved us to another room. She was very helpful & very kind throughout our stay. In both rooms the shower screeched when it was running, but at least in the 2nd room the A/C worked better & worked quietly.

After visiting Fair Oaks Dairy Farm the next day we decided that we were ready to come home & called the hotel to see if we could check out a day earlier than planned. We were told that we could as long as we arrived by 2pm to do so. We got back to the hotel, loaded our things & checked out around 1:30.

I noticed today that I was actually billed the amount I agreed to at checkout and then, the following day, I was billed another night's stay. The next day that night was credited back, but since I used my debit card, this additional charge could have resulted in an overdraft situation for me. Thankfully it did not, but if you stay here & decide to leave early, better check on this or at least be aware of it.

The hotel was clean, the beds comfortable & most of the staff was extremely polite & helpful. I thought the pool was cloudy & overall the hotel had several noise issues (shower, A/C unit, elevator...). There are many nice hotels in the area so if we ever returned we'd most likely try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
I apologize that your recent visit with us was less than satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Feedback such as yours is valuable to us so that we can make necessary changes to improve our services. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 7, 2010

It was close to 3:00 am when we arrived at the hotel. The flight was delayed and we drove from Chicago to this hotel desperately looking for a good night sleep. I called the hotel telling them that we will be late due to the flight delay and confirmed that we would get a non-smoking king size bed and was told no problem.

When we arrived, they said that my reservation was already taken. I booked through Expedia, so it was already paid. When they checked the form, the signature they got was nothing close to my name! And they said that they do not check ID to check-in!

They told me that they are sold out and that they do not have any room for us. It was 3:00 am! And they sent us to their sister hotel chain.

When we asked more the following morning (we had to come back to talk to the manager!), another guy said that it might be that there was a mistake in checking-in and that they touched a wrong name in the system. That may mean that there might be one room that was not occupied, that we could have slept in!

I called a couple of times complaining this after our "STAY", left a message to manager but I have NEVER got a call back.

I would NEVER stay at this hotel, not this chain again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel March 17-21, 2010. We were there for the NCAA Swimming Championships at Purdue. I liked the proximity from Hotel to Campus, since we had to make two trips to and from each day.
I didn't interact much with hotel staff but the check in/out was smooth.
The breakfast is just average.
The rooms were very nice and clean. It is exactly what I expected for the value.
If you are staying in this area I would suggest this hotel since it is a little further back off the highway and you don't get the truck noice like other hotels near by.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momtoo2
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us, feedback from our guests is genuinely appreciated. It was an honor to host so many parents of the NCAA swimmers this year and it is great to hear that the location worked out so well. We take pride in our hotel and strive to offer a "clean and friendly" environment. We are currently working to make our breakfast area more enjoyable to our guests, and if you return to the area, we hope that you will give us the pleasure of serving you again.
Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I booked a room at Comfort Suites because it was convenient to Home Hospital, and I wanted to support my mother during her illness. What started as a quick stay turned into an extended one, and the staff at Comfort Suites proved their professionalism and caring attitude by allowing me to continually extend my check-out date as my mother's illness worsened. They even offered a discounted rate (and extended the same discount during future stays). The housekeeping staff kept my room clean and comfortable throughout my stay (and even made sure I received some items left behind). The daily hot breakfast was fantastic and one less thing to worry about during a stressful time. The hotel welcomed my extended family when it came time to say good-bye to my mother, and their comfortable lobby area provided the perfect place for us to gather to support each other. I couldn't have asked for a more caring and professional staff during this difficult time. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank bigbirdwashington
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write such an amazing review on my hotel and my staff, especially since it was during a difficult time for you and your family. We strive to go above and beyond every day, so comments like this give us all a big boost. I will be certain to pass your comments on to my staff. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for your wonderful comments. I look forward to seeing you again.
Chicagoland
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Group of 8 of us stayed last minute. Clean, quiet, good price. Walked to Cracker Barrel next door for breakfast. Quick check in and out - great staff.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric H
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property. We are thrilled that we were able to accommodate you all. Our entire team makes great efforts to ensure that we provide clean rooms and a friendly atmosphere. We hope to see you again.
Indiana
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We have stayed at this motel on several occasions. We have had to travel to the area for funerals or weddings of my husbands relatives. We have never had any complaints, it is the center of stores, resturants, and even car washes, which makes so convenient. Extremely nice personal! Why go anywhere else? The rooms are always roomy and clean.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us at Comfort Suites Lafayette, IN on Trip Advisor! Our team works hard to ensure that you receive outstanding service, so it’s most rewarding to hear that we were able to deliver this for you each time you have stayed at the Comfort Suites. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with the staff so they can see the results of their hard work. We want all guests to feel like the Comfort Suites Lafayette is a home away from home during their travels and it sounds like this has become true for you. Thank you again, we look forward to your next visit to Lafayette.