“Good Choice”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stay in this area on business a lot, definitely a nice hotel to stay at for the price! Front desk was very friendly and nice to work with when I had a stack of papers to fax. Rooms are nice and clean and there's a good choice of area restaurants to choose from. Starbucks and Cracker Barrel are right there within walking distance. Ill be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback of your recent stay with us! We love to hear comments from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A convenient location for a stop visiting Perdue University. Just near the freeway exit, close to many restaurants and a Meijer store (everything by car only).

Reasonable wifi and a good fitness center. Front desk staff was helpful. A non working coffee machine in the room was replaced in 15 minutes. Room was spacious enough. We ate breakfast elsewhere, but coffee and tea were available at all time.

Hotel was not crowded and we paid a low rate. We recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. I apologize for the coffee maker, but am thrilled we were able to get you set up with a new one right away. If you missed breakfast, we hope that on your next stay you are able to enjoy all that we have to offer. Thank you for recommending our hotel! See you soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Was in Lafayette on business and stayed with the Comfort Suites. The staff was really friendly. Had a nice room that was really comfortable and very clean. Having the microwave and refrigerator in the room was nice. Breakfast was great. The Starbucks next door was a nice surprise. When I am back in the area again I will definitely stay here again. Great location, great hotel and great service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I will share your wonderful comments with our entire team. We do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I called ahead to reserve my room and was not quoted a price (I assumed the internet price of their site I was looking at is what I would pay) Upon arriving at the hotel later that day I was told I would be charged significantly more. I tried speaking to the male manager and he was abrupt and dismissive of my concerns. We left and I felt frustrated and upset. I later returned to the hotel and had two women employees help me (one was there earlier and saw what happened) They listened and fixed the price for me. I explained we were on this trip for my little girls birthday..the girls gave her a gift bag with popcorn and other treats for our room. It turned what would have been a negative experience because of one employees bad attitude to a great family trip in which we enjoyed ourselves, our nice king suite with a fridge, microwave and sofa bed. My family enjoyed the breakfast and pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad that you came back and my girls were able to get you settled in! We do have very good discounts for online reservations that do vary from our rates offered here directly at the property. Regardless, that is no excuse for any employee to be abrupt. I do sincerely apologize for that. Again, I am glad you returned so that we could offer you the customer service we are truly known for. I hope your girls had a wonderful birthday.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

First room, a. c. failed shortly after arrival. Staff was clueless about repair. Moved us to another room, which was fine, but at least getting a luggage cart for us would have been appreciated. AC in 2nd room quit & made a high pitched squealing noise around 3 a.m. that would have terrified a banshee. Didn't want yet another room change, so did without. Morning, toilet nearly overflowed; solution: handed us a plunger.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am so sorry that things didn't go well for you during your stay with us. My staff most definitely should have gotten a luggage card for you, at the least. I do have new people on staff right now and this will be addressed with them. We have received new HVAC units just his week. I do apologize that you experienced two separate rooms with bad AC units. I understand how frustrating and uncomfortable that is.
Please know this review is shared with my entire team and will be a great training tool for all. We hope that you will give us another try should you return to the area. We would like to impress you with the customer service we are typically known for.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been going to Lafayette since I was young. My boyfriend and I decided to go there on a whim for fun. We had a hotel booked and it fell through upon arrival. We went to Comfort Suites and they had a wonderful suite for us. They took us as an early check in as well. I found the service wonderful and you cannot beat the location. Very happy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ohbaby427

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us. I am glad we were able to get you in early, especially since you were not able to be accommodated at your first hotel. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel rather than up in Rensselaer. I had a fantastic stay for the 5 days I was here. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, especially when I accidentally burned my finger they provided me with first aid. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C was very cold. Just how I like it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us! We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. We are glad to hear that everything went well for your visit. We hope that you return to stay with us again.