Comfort Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great location right off I-65 North in Lafayette IN. Check in went well, fast & very courteous. We requested top floor on an end for quiet & because we checked in a little early, that is exactly what we received. This 2 story building had entrances on both ends as well as a beautiful entry. Our room was roomy & the bed extremely comfortable. Our room seemed to be a bit old by looking at the bathroom & the couch cushions were very worn on the ends. There were plenty of lamps, lights & mirrors plus a roomy closet. Beware of the safe charge & be sure it is not charged to your bill - you must tell the front desk you will not use it in order for the charge to be removed. We loved the rolling table that pulled out from underneath the television. It was perfect for us to work a crossword puzzle on. Forget about the wifi. It was the slowest we've ever encountered in any Comfort Suites. Even though we called the front desk, we were advised there was really nothing that could be done. It was this slow 24x7 for the entire time we were there. Breakfast was good although the first sausage I chose was as hard as a rock, pitched it & started over. 2nd one was fine. Toasters in all Comfort Suites seem to be really slow for some reason. Overall, our room was fine & we would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: For quiet rooms, ask for top floor on the end.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy that our spacious suites were accommodating to you. I would like to thank you for informing us of the issue with the wifi. You’ll be happy to know that we are looking into the situation and hope to have the issue resolved promptly. We hope to see you again when you return to the Lafayette area!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We attended the Purdue/U of M game on Oct 6th and had the privilege of staying at your hotel. We were immediately greeted by 3 smiling faces and handed a Purdue gift bag with coupons, Our room was bigger than I expected! My niece and I lost at Rock, Paper, Scissors and had to sleep on the sleeper sofa.. it was actually comfortable! The staff brought us extra towels, sheets, and blankets. A huge thank you to everyone who made our stay not only enjoyable but unforgettable!! Can't wait to stay again real soon :) Oh, and the waffles were yummy!

Room Tip: We were in room 111 on the end.. perfect location!!! Close to the pool, lobby and laundry facilitie...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us. We know you have many choices when picking lodging needs, and we can't thank you enough for choosing the Comfort Suites. We strive to deliver outstanding service and are pleased to hear we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently spent one night here when we attended a Purdue Football game. Each room had a king bed and a pull out sofa in a separate alcove. The bathroom was large and well supplied with shampoo, lotion, a hairdryer and heat lamp. The staff was helpful in offering directions and presented us with a goody bag for the game that included a snack, drink and pompom for cheering the team on. We had 2 rooms because we traveled with our daughters family and the children loved their own sleeping area. There was a lovely pool, a great breakfast with yogurt, cereal, coffee, waffles, sweet rolls etc.. The rooms all had refrigerators and a coffee/tea maker. It was an extremely clean and comfortable hotel in a great location.A safe was available at an extra charge but it wasn't necessary to take it and details like this are managed when you sign in.

Room Tip: Great clean and well laid out hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank larkenRidgefield_CT
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We love hearing feedback from our guests! It is great to know that we were able to accommodate all your needs and that you were able to enjoy our amenities. We hope that you visit us again when you return to the Lafayette area.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I reserved a King suite, got confirmation on King suite, showed up to a Queen room. Staff changed the reservation on me.....said they where booked up and could not do anything to help. Hotel is 100% smoke free yet smells like smoke.....Never stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I greatly apologize that you were dissatisfied with your stay with us. It is our goal to provide quality service to all of our guests each night. As you were informed at check in, we did have another guest extend their stay causing us to be over booked in king rooms. Unfortunately we did have to move someone to a queen room in order to accommodate this guest who has been staying with us for quite some time. Due to the lateness of your arrival and a sell out weekend the desk staff had no other options available. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We were only trying to do our very best to accommodate all of our guests that evening. I have extended to you a free night stay in hopes that you would give us another chance to offer you the great customer service we are known for. We hope to see you again in the near future to make it right.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

For the price, this is a very mediocre hotel. Upon arriving, the man at the front desk was lackluster and rude. I rang the bell as instructed, and he came out of a back room and acted as though I was wasting his time. After walking into the hotel room, the stench was overwhelming. It smelled like a dirty locker room! Almost like a "wet sock" smell, and the heater only intensified it. Also, since the topic of heat came up, the heater/air conditioner was totally crazy. There were really only two options; freezing cold or burning hot. Also, because it was right next to the bed (the one I was sleeping in) the freezing air/burning air would shoot right under the covers! That made for two very uncomfortable nights. The next morning, there was banging, shouting, door slamming in the hallway. I thought it was just inconsiderate neighbors, but upon investigating, found five housekeeping carts surrounding my room. Typically one housekeeper goes down the hall, not a herd of them!!! I couldn't believe how loud they were being, especially since it was 9 AM. No respect for those who had had late nights and trying to catch up on some sleep!

Also, something that really bothered me was that the back door was "broken". Typically, to enter the back door of a hotel you must use your room key. No room key was needed - the room key swipe was broken and anybody could walk right in. I was immediately freaked out and alerted the front desk. The girls working acted like they knew it was broken the whole time and didn't plan on fixing it. I was so upset by this! They may not be the ones sleeping here, but those who are should feel safe 100% of the time! Knowing that any creep could just walk right into the hall was very unsettling, but I have a feeling that door will remain broken.

Overall, this experience wasn't even CLOSE to being worth a triple digit figure. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I was sad to read that you received less than the best customer service from our staff. This is not typical of the Comfort Suites. I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with the entire staff and that the appropriate action has been taken. Please also be assured that the side entry door lock has been repaired and the door is back to normal working order. We hope that should you return to the Lafayette area, you give us another opportunity to show you the customer service we are known for.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and I love it. The location is good, the staff is awesome, and since it has been recently renovated, the rooms are terrific. All in all it is great for corporate travellers and very very affordable. This is my hotel of choice in Lafayette.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our property. We are glad to be your lodging choice in Lafayette! We hope you visit again in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Decent clean motel. Decent pool and good breakfast. The fact that they charged $1.50 for a safe that we didn't use was upsetting. I mentioned this a checkout and they said they assume people use the safe and take the charge of if they don't use. But the only way they take it off is if you ask! That sounds a bit like a scam to get another $1.50 per room per day. If it wasn't for this, I would rate a 4 or 5.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay with us. We greatly appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. I do apologize that the safe charge was an inconvenience to you. Many guests love the safes in the rooms. We do not try to hide the fact that there are safes in the rooms, as it is detailed on the registration card upon check in. If it is easier for you, we can gladly remove the charge upon check in. We definitely do not want you to feel inconvenienced by that again. We hope that you will stay with us again should you return to the Lafayette area!