“You're NOT getting what you pay for!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
West Lafayette, Indiana
“You're NOT getting what you pay for!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

For the price, this is a very mediocre hotel. Upon arriving, the man at the front desk was lackluster and rude. I rang the bell as instructed, and he came out of a back room and acted as though I was wasting his time. After walking into the hotel room, the stench was overwhelming. It smelled like a dirty locker room! Almost like a "wet sock" smell, and the heater only intensified it. Also, since the topic of heat came up, the heater/air conditioner was totally crazy. There were really only two options; freezing cold or burning hot. Also, because it was right next to the bed (the one I was sleeping in) the freezing air/burning air would shoot right under the covers! That made for two very uncomfortable nights. The next morning, there was banging, shouting, door slamming in the hallway. I thought it was just inconsiderate neighbors, but upon investigating, found five housekeeping carts surrounding my room. Typically one housekeeper goes down the hall, not a herd of them!!! I couldn't believe how loud they were being, especially since it was 9 AM. No respect for those who had had late nights and trying to catch up on some sleep!

Also, something that really bothered me was that the back door was "broken". Typically, to enter the back door of a hotel you must use your room key. No room key was needed - the room key swipe was broken and anybody could walk right in. I was immediately freaked out and alerted the front desk. The girls working acted like they knew it was broken the whole time and didn't plan on fixing it. I was so upset by this! They may not be the ones sleeping here, but those who are should feel safe 100% of the time! Knowing that any creep could just walk right into the hall was very unsettling, but I have a feeling that door will remain broken.

Overall, this experience wasn't even CLOSE to being worth a triple digit figure. Very disappointing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I was sad to read that you received less than the best customer service from our staff. This is not typical of the Comfort Suites. I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with the entire staff and that the appropriate action has been taken. Please also be assured that the side entry door lock has been repaired and the door is back to normal working order. We hope that should you return to the Lafayette area, you give us another opportunity to show you the customer service we are known for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and I love it. The location is good, the staff is awesome, and since it has been recently renovated, the rooms are terrific. All in all it is great for corporate travellers and very very affordable. This is my hotel of choice in Lafayette.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TriciaLCS, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our property. We are glad to be your lodging choice in Lafayette! We hope you visit again in the near future.
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Decent clean motel. Decent pool and good breakfast. The fact that they charged $1.50 for a safe that we didn't use was upsetting. I mentioned this a checkout and they said they assume people use the safe and take the charge of if they don't use. But the only way they take it off is if you ask! That sounds a bit like a scam to get another $1.50 per room per day. If it wasn't for this, I would rate a 4 or 5.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay with us. We greatly appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. I do apologize that the safe charge was an inconvenience to you. Many guests love the safes in the rooms. We do not try to hide the fact that there are safes in the rooms, as it is detailed on the registration card upon check in. If it is easier for you, we can gladly remove the charge upon check in. We definitely do not want you to feel inconvenienced by that again. We hope that you will stay with us again should you return to the Lafayette area!
Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and it's still very nice 5 years later! We would stay again if in the area!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! We are delighted that we have been able to accommodate you more than once. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to Lafayette.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at other Comfort Suites which have been much more comfortable and up to date. The picture of the whirlpoo suite ia very deceiving, save your money.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank N0nni
, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I deeply regret your dissatisfaction of your recent stay at our hotel. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we constantly strive to make improvements. I apologize that the picture of the whirlpool suite was deceiving. We are currently working to have that corrected on our online photos.
I hope that you would give us the opportunity to impress you in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel is dated and in need of renovation. The pool looked great in the picture and was one of the main reasons I chose this property. However, the was a film on the water. Being a microbiologist, I opted not to swim in this film since the heated pool was in a very warm room that little "bugs" would like to live. Most likely I;m just a bit paranoid. The free breakfast was more than just cereal and danishes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TMT121
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thanks for your feedback. We will definitely look into your comment about the pool. We do have regular pool maintenance to ensure water safety. If you have a chance, please reach out to our GM directly so we can get additional details. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast.
Huntsville
Reviewed May 16, 2012

During our one night stay, the desk clerk did not stay within sight of the desk and we had to call to her the various times that we went to the desk. We had a suite that was furnished well enough but the king bed had a queen top sheet which was too small. The desk clerk brought a king sheet and changed it with my wife assisting.
The free breakfast was OK.
The hall and room were dreary due to carpet color and brown paint on two walls primarily. We wondered if the carpet was dirty but things that you could see clearly like the bath room and furniture looked clean.
The room was well worth the $86 senior price - even with the poor housekeeping and hidden desk clerk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FloridaGator086
We appreciate you taking the time to provide our team with comments about your stay. We apologize that it was not all that you expected or up to the standards we like to provide. There are times when our guest service associates will help with laundry, however, we don't want that to impact our service levels. I'm glad we were able to correct the sheet issue on your bed. Sorry that our new color palette was not to your taste but glad you found that we were at a good price point. We will share your feedback to our team so that we can improve for the future.