“Best Value for Excellence”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Value for Excellence”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Great experience! Room was perfect. Facility was clean. Front desk staff were very helpful.
I have seen remarkable changes for the better since my last visit in 7/10, maybe a change in Management???
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MusicMan4u

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This Farifield has not been updated and remodeled like some of the other Fairfields where I have stayed. Peeling wallpaper, dirty walls and an unclean room. When I walked into my room, the TV was on. I thought maybe housekeeping left it on and forgot. But, I soon found out the remote control did not work and the TV had to be turned off manually. Went to the front desk to see if I could get another remote and she said they didn't have any. She didn't offer to get one out of another room or try to assist me with the problem at all. Asked if there was a Wendy's nearby and she had no idea.

The next morning I went to check out and there was nobody at the front desk. Someone finally came out holding a tray of hard boiled eggs for the breakfast bar. I wanted to tell her about the bad TV remote in my room but she was more concerned with passing right by me and getting the eggs out. I don't think she had any idea what I told her.

I have stayed at the Courtyard across the street and will do so again in the future. It is updated and renovated and much nicer than this place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank loimln
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Avoid this hotel by all means. There is a Courtyard across the street and other hotel chains nearby. I have included an excerpt of my letter to the General Manager.

We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and found that the front desk clerk was not present. There was a sign on the front door stating that she was away and would be back in a few minutes. Fifteen minutes later, a worker strolls around with a cart and walks into the backroom. We continued waiting at the desk for her to come out and assist us with check-in. A couple of minutes later, she came out, asked if we had a reservation, and took my credit card to swipe. She gave us our room keys and we were off.

When we arrived to our room, we walked in and it was a 1 King Bedroom. We requested and were supposed to be guaranteed a 2 Queen Bedroom. We walked back up to the desk and the lady didn’t look happy but we wanted our 2 Queen room. There were 4 people in our party and there was no way that we were going to sleep in 1 King bed. We were given new keys and we were off to our second room. We went to our new room, put our bags down, and went off to eat.

When we returned late in the evening, the first thing we noticed was that the room looked like it had been quick cleaned. The bathroom and tub had pieces of hair on it, the bedroom floor didn’t looked like it had been vacuumed, and there were chunks of garbage behind the TV and dresser. The toilet was stained, the bathroom tile was cracked, and the room was set on 60 degrees with the air conditioner. Overall, the room was disgusting.

The pool and spa also looked unclean. The water in the hot tub looked brown because of the dirt and stain spots all over it. The pool also had bits of brown spots all over it. There were also no pool towels and it took 15 minutes to get them.

Whenever I went up to the front desk, there was no one there. It took a few minutes for the desk clerk to come back to the front desk and assist us. We were only given three towels for the bathroom and needed one additional one but they informed us they didn’t have any regular towels.

We played a game of monopoly in the lobby and the night front desk clerk asked if we could move because he needed that table. We moved our table away from the TV and watched him set up a Playstation 3 with his friend. When it didn’t work, the friend and he walked away. It just so happened that they went into a guest room right next to ours – the only reason I know is I saw the two of them walk into it with the Playstation 3 Unit. I find it very irresponsible for him being away from the desk and hanging out in the room when he is on the clock.

When in the area again, I will be staying at the Courtyard.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank drewnich
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed November 21, 2010

This has to be one of the worst Fairfields I've ever used. It's not that any one thing is terrible, but it is just not good overall. The hallways smell of smoke, mold, and something like dirty laundry. The rooms aren't necessarily dirty, but they really could use a nice deep cleaning. The HVAC is noisy, and you can hear every step made by the person above you. Breakfast was subpar. A late checkout was hard to get, and when we left there were three maids hanging out in the lobby playing on the computer. I'll find a different hotel next time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank bogberto
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This is our preferred chain as the price is right and the rooms are usually clean. This particular hotel is as expected. However yesterday was not up to their usual standards. I found a gummy bear on the floor and a piece of paper on the floor under the sink in the bathroom. On the positive side, even though it was sold out last night, it was quiet with good parking places.
l

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pa
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel was horrible from the moment we checked in for the weekend. Friday night- we checked and as soon as we saw the room not clean, we asked the front desk for a new room and were told that they were booked up and we couldn't change rooms.

Saturday morning - We went to the front desk to let them know that there were tons of ants all over the bathroom floor and tub (both dead and alive), that there was dried blood stains on our comforter, the coffee pot in the room was never cleaned from the previous guest, and the bathtub and shower curtain liner were full of mold and mildew. We were told that everything would be taken care of immediately.

Saturday night - We were gone from the room for 12 hours and returned after 9pm to a room in which still had ants all over the floor and tub, the coffee pot was the same, the comforter still had the blood on it, the shower still had the mold and mildew (and was not even cleaned at all that day as the wrapper from the shampoo bottle in the morning was still sitting on the ledge of the tub and tub was dirty). The only thing that was different was that the shower liner was changed. The room had not been cleaned at all as evidence in the bathroom showed, only the bed was made (with the same disgusting blood stained comforter) and a couple new towels were added.

Sunday morning - We woke up to find not only the same existing problems of course, but now there were also ants all over the night stand. They We immediately got up and checked out before 9:30am. We had to fly back home with the feeling of ants crawling all over us and segregate all of our luggage from the trip in case the ants were in the bags also.

GROSS!! Now I'm dealing with the hotel in order to get some sort of compensation. They have horrible customer service all the way up to their Assistant GM!! We took pictures of the room and I will post once they are downloaded.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynne007Pa
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I recently had a four night stay at the Fairfield. It was great! Everything you could want in a moderately priced hotel. We booked through AAA and got our rooms for $81 per night. The rooms were clean. The beds were so comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful . The breakfast was awesome with waffles, ceral, breakfast sandwiches, and fresh fruit. We experienced a minor problem with our air conditioner that was fixed immediately. The pool is a little on the small size but most evenings I had it to myself. The hot tub was wonderfully hot! If you want picky, the elevator did have a stuffy, metalic smell.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business