“A convenient overnight stop”

Knights Inn Lafayette
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Wales
“A convenient overnight stop”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Three of us stayed overnight (in 2 rooms) en route from Chicago to Louisville. We did not want to drive the full distance without a break, especially as it was mostly in the dark, following a 9-hour flight from London preceded by a 3-hour drive from Wales. None of us had any previous knowledge or experience of Knights Inns, but the location was convenient and it was easy to find from the I-65. All we needed were beds for the night and that was what we got at a reasonable price. The Ritz it certainly isn't, but at the same time we did not experience any of the traumas reported by other clients. The rooms were reasonably clean, though the heating was not very effective and we were unable to get it to work properly. A complete refit and re-decoration would not go amiss. All the eating establishments in the vicinity seemed to be of the fast-food variety, which did not appeal very much to us. To sum up, pretty poor but I've stayed in worse - though I'm glad we only needed to stay one night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Cymro36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I have stayed here on overnight trips several times over the past few years only because of it's location and because it's one of the few ground floor motels with outside entrances. A couple of years ago my room was infested with roaches. Even though they changed my room, I swore never to return after that. I was in town again recently, and decided to try them again, thinking that they may have improved. This time, no roaches. However, the room was less than clean. There wasn't enough available outlets to plug in my laptop and worst of all, the toilet wasn't bolted to the floor and it almost fell over. Don't think I will give them the benefit of the doubt in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank pathe3
Midland
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Two friends and I booked 2 rooms. They paid for their room in cash and I used a credit card. A month later I get a two bills on my statement, one for each room. Manager would not refund my extra payment because he could not see any money being handed over to the night clerk on the video camera. He does not have a signed transaction from me for the extra room but will not refund. I have to now hope that my credit card company will take my side in this dispute. The night clerk must have pocketed the cash and then billed me to cover her tracks. Hard to fight the bill when you live 400 miles away.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Overcharged me $113
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ribs46
Lafayette, IN
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I went to Knights Inn around July 23rd and reserved a 11-day stay from August 3rd to August 14th. I left my credit card information to hold the reservation, as requested. But I called Knights Inn at 10:30 pm on July 24th and canceled the whole reservation. I remembered this very clearly, and I noted down in my notenook. However, I checked my visa card recently and found Knights Inn chareged me $ 57.79 for no reason.

I called them over 50 times over the past 3 weeks. At first they said they could not find my record. When I showed the proof that they charged me, they said I need to talk to the manager. But the manager was never there over the 50 times phone call.

I also emailed this to them, but the two email addresses they listed at their website didn't work. I asked them how to contact the manager since he was never there, the old lady who answered the phone said that they do not have an email address. They only has one manager, who does not work "regularly". I left messages on this manager's voice machine, but never heard back from him. This is the WORST serverice I ever ever experienced in US.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank angrybear
San Jose, CA
Reviewed February 7, 2007

This was much to be desired. We were staying in the "Presidential Suite" and it was disgusting. Coch Roaches, spiders, mold in the bathroom ,the hair build-up on the bathroom floor was gross and the toilet was wobbley. There were stains on the sofa, the place looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. I could go on but I think you get the picture. My overall opinion was I would never stay in this hotel chain again. Just thought somebody should know.

• Liked — The staff was nice
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Tina_1966
Indiana
Reviewed October 24, 2006

The room was a little small for all the furniture in the room but for the price we paid the room was good. Its located very close to everything we needed to do in Lafayette. I would recommend it to some one that is just average and not wanting a lot of extras.

• Liked — Close to Purdue had to take son there for a day.
  • Disliked — To much furniture in the room.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank toolman66
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2006

I had reservations to stay here for 4 nights last September. Friends of ours were staying there as well. The moment we entered their room I thought - THERE IS NO WAY I CAN STAY HERE. My husband and I were supposed to have a room in the "remodeled" section of the motel. I wanted to check in immediately so I could see the room and have enough time to get one elsewhere if it was awful.

Long story short, I opened the door to the room, took one step inside, and RAN to the lobby to check right out.

Everything's FILTHY, the mattresses, floors, sinks, chairs, EVERYTHING.

DON'T DO IT!