“It's ok for short stay”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Wauseon, Ohio
“It's ok for short stay”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is OK for an overnight stay. We were not even there 24 hours so not bad for the price. Really dated and needs a lot of updating. I made rsvp's on line for three rooms for two nights but then called the hotel to cancel one of the nights and the gentleman sent me three new confirmation emails saying I had three rooms for one evening. On the day we were to arrive I called to double check our rsvp's and they said I only had one room and that I had cancelled the other two online. I explained to him I didn't cancel anything online after arguing for a while he said that they had rooms left and booked me the other two rooms. Check in took forever but after a long drive I really didn't mind. We had a hole in the back of our bathroom door, so when I went up to report it they didn't seem like it was anything new to them. Had to go get extra towels, then the ones I got were stained. The bed was very confortable. The next morning when I went to check out I reminded them of the hole and when I asked the clerk for his name it happened to be the same guy that said I cancelled my rsvp's online, so again we had to discuss that. He pretty much was calling me a lair and that I did cancel online (which I never did) So if you want a cheap nights stay and can handle some of the little stuff this place is for you but don't expect any hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ginandmit1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lobby area satisfactory, but when you get to your room its a whole different story. Upon walking in, the light on side of mirror did not work as neither did the electrical outlet. Burn holes in comforter of one of the beds (in a non-smoking room), sheets were worn, bathroom door looked as if it was past its last leg as a good inch was missing from the bottom of it and the door looked to be scratched up one entire side. When the shower was turned on, the towel holder in the shower, fell off the shower wall. The linoleum in the bathroom had separated from the floor. There was no toilet paper to be found, the water pressure is hardly noticeable. No remote in room for television. Several holes in the draperies. Wall paper peeling from walls. The beds were like sleeping on box springs, very uncomfortable. Continental Breakfast consisted of our choice of generic cheerio's or frosted flakes with coffee, orange drink or apple drink. Ice maker still broken. We made sure we took pictures of everything, as we did not want to be held responsible for anything that had to do with this room. We stayed the 2 nights we booked for, only because we feel they wouldn't have refunded our money as we didn't get into town until late and would have been billed anyway. The only good thing I can say about this particular Knights Inn, is that the employees were kind. For the reviews I've seen for this place (after the fact, of course), this facility needs to be condemned.

Room Tip: There are NO "Good Rooms" here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Frankfort, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is a little dated, but very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. They do have parking for tractor trailer trucks......there is a McDonalds, Denny's and a Bob Evans all within walking distances.

The hotel is not the Marriott but it was very clean and nice. The bed was so big that we never once bumped into each other through out the whole night, the cable service was good on the TV and they even have WI-FI. They do have a small cont breakfast in the mornings but I chose to walk across the parking lot to Dennys.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 125
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good location! Everything else was bad. I reserved a non-smoking room. They gave me a smoking room, and billed it as a non-smoking room. This was evident by the smell and the pile (yes a pile) of cigarette ashes in the air conditioning controls. The controls didn't have all the knobs. The lamp shades had burn holes in them and had been crushed and then straightened. The glass over the picture hanging on the wall was broken into thirds, leaving the shards to fall when ever gravity decides it's time to fall. In several areas, the wall paper was falling off, not pealing, falling off! There were light bulbs missing throughout the room. The entertainment center was scratched and looked like crap! The bathroom floor was sticky and it felt as if the floor was rotten. It probably was, as the toilet leaned to the right and was unstable. The toilet lid was broken. The sink was stained and had no stopper. The ice machine was out of order (imagine that) so I had to walk 2 buildings away for ice, and the laundry was out of service. Since it looked like a rock band lived in the room for a year, I called the front desk and asked if they were aware of the damage (I gave them the short list). They gave me another room, This one was somewhat better, however I then saw what was supposed to be in the first room and was missing. The exterior of all the rooms was in poor condition, and the wood was rotting. The plate, under the exit door was loose and I tripped on it. The exit door was filthy. It was nasty. Avoid this place!

Room Tip: Go to Super 8
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Matt G
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's quite rare I rate a property 1 out of 5 on the Trip Adviser scale, but this property is worthy. The only saving grace here was the friendliness of the staff, and allowing me to check in at 5 in the morning. OTHERWISE, stay away. This motel is the first time in a LONG TIME I feel like I was ripped off, it is a poor value for the WALK IN rates being charged. They would not honor my corporate code (Contacting Wyndham Rewards about this) and the hotel has NO WI FI service.

Pros: None to thing of...

Cons: Poor rooms in disrepair, no WI FI service, Overpriced

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheNighthawkBender
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed this weekend.
Hotel is a dump. Run down, old , lacking repairs. Used a s a transient hotel for local contractors.
Free breakfast is cereal and warm juice.
Rooms dirty and not serviced well. Beware.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexandria-Chili
Justice, Il
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed one night with my sister. Originally charged $99.00,but reduced to $89.00 with AARP. The room appeared to be reasonably clean. BUT......
1. A light bulb missing from sconce near beds.
2. Less than 1/4 roll toilet paper...Called the office and was told ...will bring some down...after 20 ..
minutes ..went to office to get it.
3. No TV remote...called again..told would send it down....waited and fially went to get Came back with two and instructions how to program one.
4. Pulled back corner of bed spread...found dried seman stains. Pulled back more of spread and found dried blood stains.
5. Called for manager and things just got worse from there and no more space to continue......

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family