“Worth the Stay”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Worth the Stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Check in was a breeze, forgive me, but I did not get the person's name (male) that checked us in on Sat. Apr. 6. We checked in at 9:30 that evening, after driving down from Wisconsin. I booked the last king room that afternoon because of the rate ($70 + tax) and it was only an 2 1/2 hours drive the next morning to our destination. Everything in the room was very clean. I never stayed in a room that had hardwood floors, but did not have a problem with that. The room came with a micro-wave and a good size refrigerator. It could use a new TV, since this one was an older box type. Water pressure in the shower was good. Besides need a flat-screen TV, the heating/air unit in the room, was a little loud, but tolerable. At check-out, I did mention this, and it was written down. At check-out, there was only one person working, not only did she have to work the front desk, but she also had to refresh the breakfast area. Since the hotel was at full capacity, they could of had an extra person working that day (maybe someone call in sick, i do not know). We had to wait for her to get done with her duting at the breakfast area before we could checkout. Breakfast the next morning had eggs, sausages, bagels, fruit, yougurt, juice, cereal, just to name a few. Overall, the hotel was very clean. The front part of the parking lot was very well lit. There was a Bob Evans restuarant next door and the do deliver to the hotel, up until 10PM. Also, if you are going to get gas, the Speedway, across the street, was 10 cents cheaper than the BP. I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imowgreens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We had to stay for a one day event in Lafayette and reserved this room via Hotwire. The room was clean...bed comfortable....pillows were very good (best I can remember in a hotel setting). The only negative was that the Saturday breakfast didn't appear to be well-stocked, but there is a Bob Evans and Denny's within walking distance. Overall, a very good experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vilonia, Arkansas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great stay, great price! Gave us discount for being a Vet! Thanks! and they showed us our room before we checked in. I had been to alot of hotels that were nasty and i was being very very cautious! The only draw back with this hotel? Is the hallway smelled like cigarettes, that wasn't at all pleasant. But for the price and clean room? It's great! I'd stay here again! I felt safe here with my family.

Room Tip: Quiet, Clean, good Value
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Regina M
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Was on my way from Kentucky to Chicago and the weather got really bad , pulled off this Lafayette exit and pulled into the first hotel. The front desk person Was awesome , got me in quick and for cheap! I had left my aaa card at home and he still gave me a discount ! Room was a king suite , great mattress , clean white linen and blanket . Wish the had hbo though . Breakfast was awesome and the girl that checked me out was just a sweetheart . Overall great place !!! I'd def recommend this to others

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Foodie765
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Upon walking through the front door I was greeted by a very nice gentleman. Who was helpful throughout my stay. Thats the only nice thing I have to say. When I entered my room I encountered hair all over everything. The toilet, bath, floor, sink and hot tub. It was gross. I took it upon myself to clean it because I was tired and didnt want to deal with anyone. Not only that, the room was very cold, even with the heat at full blast. As for bkfst, I chose not to eat it because I didnt want to freeze to death everytime the front doors opened. Would I recomend thid hotel? No way. Filthy. The rooms and the property. The gentleman at the front desk was the only pleasent part of my stay.

• Stayed February 2013
indiana
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this property while attending a 3 day sporting event at Purdue University. It is about a 15 minute drive to campus, but for the price it can't be beat! We booked through Hotwire for $50 night. Keep in mind, this is not a vacation resort! We were in need of a comfortable bed, hot shower, and tasty breakfast...and that's exactly what we got! Our room was adequately cleaned. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were fresh. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room along with a coffee pot. The water pressure was great and hot water plentiful! Breakfast was served in the lobby, the only drawback was the weather was cold and snowy. Everytime someone walked in the front door, a rush of cold air came in. Breakfast included fruits, yogurt, eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, coffee, juice, and waffles. The food was fresh and plentiful both mornings we ate. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful when I called in need of help connecting to the wifi. I had no internet trouble after getting connected. We will book this property again if we return to Purdue for another event.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family