“Okay stay but not outstanding”

Travelodge Lafayette East
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Was on my way from Kentucky to Chicago and the weather got really bad , pulled off this Lafayette exit and pulled into the first hotel. The front desk person Was awesome , got me in quick and for cheap! I had left my aaa card at home and he still gave me a discount ! Room was a king suite , great mattress , clean white linen and blanket . Wish the had hbo though . Breakfast was awesome and the girl that checked me out was just a sweetheart . Overall great place !!! I'd def recommend this to others

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Foodie765
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Upon walking through the front door I was greeted by a very nice gentleman. Who was helpful throughout my stay. Thats the only nice thing I have to say. When I entered my room I encountered hair all over everything. The toilet, bath, floor, sink and hot tub. It was gross. I took it upon myself to clean it because I was tired and didnt want to deal with anyone. Not only that, the room was very cold, even with the heat at full blast. As for bkfst, I chose not to eat it because I didnt want to freeze to death everytime the front doors opened. Would I recomend thid hotel? No way. Filthy. The rooms and the property. The gentleman at the front desk was the only pleasent part of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this property while attending a 3 day sporting event at Purdue University. It is about a 15 minute drive to campus, but for the price it can't be beat! We booked through Hotwire for $50 night. Keep in mind, this is not a vacation resort! We were in need of a comfortable bed, hot shower, and tasty breakfast...and that's exactly what we got! Our room was adequately cleaned. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were fresh. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room along with a coffee pot. The water pressure was great and hot water plentiful! Breakfast was served in the lobby, the only drawback was the weather was cold and snowy. Everytime someone walked in the front door, a rush of cold air came in. Breakfast included fruits, yogurt, eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, coffee, juice, and waffles. The food was fresh and plentiful both mornings we ate. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful when I called in need of help connecting to the wifi. I had no internet trouble after getting connected. We will book this property again if we return to Purdue for another event.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrs_shopthe
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here one night and was not expecting too much because the price was very affordable. What I found was a very spacious and bright lobby and breakfast area with a glass wrapped stairway and a very clean, comfortable room. They also have a well equiped exercise room available. The room floor had laminate flooring rather than carpet, which gave it a very clean feel, however, since I stayed there in January, it took a while for the floor to feel warm. The hallways and room doors could use some upkeep, but over-all I was very pleased with this stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GregT755
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Exlelent place to stay on I65 with clean rooms, great price, nice and firm beds, and a good breakfast in the morning. It is just between Indy and Chicago so if you don't want to stay in the big city this is the place for you. Our room had a fridge and microwave and lots of room for our boys.

Room Tip: I do not know enough about the other rooms to help you out but 106 was great. :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pauly L
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here when out of town on business. Inexpensive but clean. The first room I was given reeked of smoke, but when I contacted the front desk, they apologized profusely and gave me another. There were plenty of clean, unstained linens, and the bed was comfortable. Did not eat breakfast so can't comment on that. The room was not carpeted, but rather laminate. It was spotless. I would stay there again if in that area on business.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business