“Charged for 2 Extra Nights” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Illinois
“Charged for 2 Extra Nights”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Manager Chris would not refund a displaced family (fire victims) for 2 extra nights they did not stay. Hotel was given advance notice family found a home to move. We sent a fax the day before checkout and they still charged card. We had to call manager for over 2 weeks and place a complaint with corporate before he would speak to us. We were then told there was a 14 day notice to cancel stays. In over 5 years I've never had a hotel do this to a family. Poor business practice and lazy manager.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarahop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Olney, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I needed a hotel room that was inexpensive because my mother was in the hospital nearby. It was $55/night before taxes. It was a $55 value. If you want creature comforts (Flat screen, WIFI, channel selection), this is not the place. Looking for a place to crash for a night with little time spent in the room, then this is worth the value.

The TV was an old tube style and on an NFL Sunday, there was no CBS, FOX or ESPN. The WIFI worked some of the time. If they put soem boosters or additional routers throughout the property it would have worked. The WIFI was free and it was worth what I paid for.

The bed was very firm. On my bed firmness scale it was an 8 (9 and 10 are unsleepably hard). I was able to get a good night's rest, but firmer than I like. The room was clean and sanitary. The water was hot and you would expect. There was a fridge/freezer combo with a microwave too.

Would I stay there again? No. In the right circumstance? Maybe, it was a good price for what I got.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel Sold our confirmed reservation (yes we had rhe confimation number in hand) out from under us - had to scramble to find another hotel on a busy Purdue weekend. Do not trust a reservation here! Absolutely no integrity!

• Stayed September 2012
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion Lafayette after a concert in the area. I got a super low rate on their website and it was for a king suite, which had a comfy couch in a separate seating area. The bed was so comfy, the room was big, and the best part, the room was SO clean. I've stayed at expensive hotels and even they have some sort of cleanliness issue. Not this one! (Not a spec of dirt or hair anywhere!) The breakfast had hot egg patties and sausage and also fruit, which was nice instead of just all carbs. My only complaint is that some of the towels were old and dingy and not very soft. I think if Clarion invested in new towels, they would be top notch. But then again, it was such a low price, that if that was what I had to sacrifice, I'll take it. Some people mention the outdated decor, which may be true, but I don't care about the pictures on the wall or color of the furniture. When I stay in a hotel, I want: Clean room, comfy bed, good breakfast, low price, and that is exactly what I got! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are only two floors with no elevator, so you have to either have a room facing the parking lot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Horse Cave, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Chicago. We were looking for a clean, quiet place to sleep. We got a nice clean room for a really good price. I slept great and for someone that suffers from insomnia that is a real treat. I loved the laminate floors. I wish all hotels would rip up their nasty carpet and put them in. Very happy with this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I called the hotel on a Saturday night at 10 p.m. for a last minute reservation. I arrived at 2 a.m., was greeted by the person on the phone who happened to be the owner. He accomodated me with what I thought was a very fair price. Helped make sure my dietary needs were met for breakfast by going out of his way. The room was clean. My daughter and I each got a great night of sleep. The owner made sure we stayed in an area of the hotel that would be nice and quiet. He even voluntereered a late check-in without being asked knowing how late we were arriving. I would highly recommend them and woould be happy to being the rest of my family back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reston VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We needed a resonably priced hotel for one night near I-65 between Chicago and Indianapolis. This hotel fit the bill. It was clean, had good beds with comforters instead of bedspreads. The floor was laminate wood which I had not seen before, but assume it is easier to keep sanitary. The bathroom was new but showed wear and tear. The front desk staff was very friendly. Would stay here again---good value!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple