“Very clean. Extremely friendly staff.”

Comfort Inn Lafayette
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My room was very quite, far from everything. The room was very clean and well maintained. The management was very friendly and greeted me everywhere I went. It is a little awkward to get to once you turn off the highway. It is right next to th expressway, but you have to drive down the street to a turn in street to then drive back towards the hotel and expressway before you get to it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 20, 2010

The lobby was attractive, but the front personnel should have been more professional (not chit-chat between themselves during check-in). This was a "good ol' boy" type of chat (but one was female) which would fit well with all the college age kids who were staying there that night, but not with traveling adults. Room was large but had a musty odor. Would have helped to have had the A/C turned on in the rooms at normal check-in time (it had been a very hot day). Toilet required 2-3 flushes. Clock/Alarm not reliable (as we found out the next morning). A convenient location, and OK if you are just needing to jump off the interstate for a night's rest. Restaurants are close by, etc. For more than a night I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

To put it simply, my stay at this hotel was completely unsatisfactory. I reserved a king non-smoking room. When I entered my "non-smoking" room, the smell of smoke was overpowering. I immediately went back to the front desk and asked for a different room, and the clerk told me nothing else was available. I said ANY other room would be ok, regardless of bed type, but she said I was out of luck.

The bed in my room was also fairly worn out, and it is obvious that the hotel is dated. It seems to have new carpet in the public areas, but my room left a lot to be desired. I will not be back to stay at this location. It would have been worth the extra $20 or so to stay at a Hampton Inn or Fairfield.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2010

It was your basic chain hotel with a small pool, breakfast, mini fitness room and decent rooms. There were no problems we encountered. It is right off the interstate, so there was some traffic noise.
It's within walking distance of a grocery store & Starbucks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Got a good price online with a AAA rate. 53.10 for a king room. Upon arrival, hotel looks quite high end for the price range. The rooms have been updated, and the check in/check out was friendly and quick. One item to note is that the hotel is not as clean as it first appears. Not a horribly dirty place, but the carpets and beds could have looked "fresher" Would stay again if in the area and price/value was a concen.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2009

What an absolute refreshing hotel. Its was so nice to see that genuinely nice people still exist. When I arrived I was greeted very warmly by the front desk clerk who went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The breakfast was very nice, as was the little girl who attended to it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks Chris, Brian, Amber and the girl who attended breakfast (sorry I never got her name)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed at this Comfort Inn the night before my son's graduation from Purdue, so the rates were jacked up to almost $200/night. The room into which I was initally placed had a malfunctioning airconditioning unit with a high pitched screeching sound, which at 11 pm, the manager could not repair. He was almost impossible to understand due to his strong Indian accent. To resolve the problem, I was "whisked" into a different room that reeked of cigarrette smoke. Unfortunately, in the haste to change my room, I didn't have the opportunity to make sure I had removed all my clothing, and ended up leaving a drawer full of tee shirts and underwear. Though I've called the hotel twice, the general manager has still not returned my calls, the shift manager has denied some of the facts of the situation, and the housekeeping crew has denied finding any apparrel in my room. In addition, this hotel utilizes the cheapest products available-including soaps, shampoo, breakfast foods and beverages - the orange juice was more like weak orange Kool Aid. The breakfast layout was skimpy and not well stocked
They did offer to comp me another room in their hotel, but I would never in a million years stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo