“It was not a place I would ever plan to stay at again”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Peoria, Illinois
“It was not a place I would ever plan to stay at again”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The front desk people were nice. I switched rooms due to a door that would not close properly to the outside. The next room was better. My bill was mixed up from that point on. Eventually the double charges cleared up but not happy at all this happened. The breakfast was simple and packaged goods. It was not a relaxing place to stay.
The room was older looking but

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indianapolis
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I truly cannot understand how anyone wouldn't give a bad review. This place is sooooo dirty! All of the windows have smears and smudges and handprints on them. There are dirty carpets everywhere. One of the beds in our room had chocolate, dirt, and long black hairs on the sheets. The bedspreads are both stained and very worn. The beds were sloppily made and the sheets weren't even tucked in. There are torn sofas in the lobby....really, really worn and ripped. A dead plant sits in the corner. The walls have smears and are dirty throughout the hotel. The shower would not get hot.....just warm. The phone in my room is filthy. Our toilet is full of rust. If I weren't here with a group of kids and this wasn't already prearranged.....I wouldn't stay.

Room Tip: Just. Don't!
Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here due to being the preferred discount hotel for a youth sporting event in the area. Rooms are tired and dirty. Bathrooms are dingy and small. Couch has cigarette burns. Beds feel about as soft as a rock (along with the half sized pillows). Rear door of hotel has a non-functioning lock, meaning anyone is free to just walk on in. Discounted rates should not equal a dirty, rundown hotel. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Nukwaste
Columbus, Indiana, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Booked the hotel online before our visit to lock-in the great rate...however, I wish I had seen it before paying...the photos online are deceiving because it depicts a beautifully updated hotel, however, the entire hotel needs an update...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 141 - two double beds...cold near the windows (not insulated)...heater VERY noisy...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Melissa B
McDermott, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had made reservations to go to this hotel November 2 after Purdue Vs Ohio State game, I made my reservations on October 10 , I did not know at that time that my Mother-in-law would die so I also bought my 4 tickets to game $85 each.She died on Wednesday before and I called hotel and explained circumstance they said I could not cancel and I was billed for $207. from them.... I disputed but since God did not take her according to their 14 day cancellation policy they could not and would not help ..... My husband died in 2010 and Mom in2011 no warning, Thank goodness I did not have plans to go to this Hotel then ........ Please do not plan to make reservations here if someone might die unexpected...... I gave 2 days notice but not 14.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon C
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I accidentally reserved this hotel thinking I was in a different Choice hotel--the Comfort Suites, just 1/2 mile from this one.
My rate was an inflated $125 per night since it was a Purdue football weekend. Be aware that the cancellation policy will not allow you to cancel a stay within a week or two--check the site & read the fine print, or you will be stuck paying for a portion of your stay. Regular rates at this hotel are around $76 per night.
I arrived on a Thursday evening around 11pm. As I walked up to the main entrance, there was a man in a heavy coat & hat smoking a cigarette right next to the sign which read "No smoking within 20 feet of this sign." Ok...
I checked in very smoothly--no problems at all. Reception staff were very pleasant.

When I went to my room on the 4th floor, it was freezing in the room (it was around 35 degrees outside). I went to the heater, which has hanging partially off the wall, and I turned it to "heat"....NOTHING happened. I turned it off and then on again...NOTHING happened. Finally I called the reception desk and reported the problem. They sent me a maintenance man within a few minutes. I opened the door, and there was the same man in a heavy coat and hat who had been smoking by the entrance! He was pleasant enough, but a little intimidating as a female traveling alone to open the door to this person.
He must have been taller than I am, and he triggered the room sensor that then kicked on the heater. The heater sounded like a freight train---LOUD--LOUD--LOUD. It would turn off and on all night with repeated roars and sounds. I did not sleep more than an hour or two.
In the bathroom, there was mold on the ceiling, a hole by the faucet in the tub and a grungy drain in the tub. The towels: some were dirty, some were clean. When I turned on the water in the sink, it took a full 4 minutes to get hot water.
I would not stay here again if I could avoid it. It is BADLY in need of repair, upgrading, refurbishing and any other upgrades possible.
I decided to cut my stay short and I left the next morning (Friday, 11/8), since I was able to get a room at the Comfort Suites, just down the road. Now THAT is a Choice hotel. I had a wonderful, comfortable, quiet stay there with no problems for $121 per night (AAA discount).
I will not stay at the Quality Inn and Suites again unless they have a massive overhaul.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Madame44
Lula,Ms
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here twice (July and Oct.13) First stay better than second. Staff was great! Motel was clean but old. Room was mediocre, small but clean- no hot water, breakfast OK. Just not a Choice Hotel type property. Can not recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business