“Best hotel in lafayette”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, Indiana
“Best hotel in lafayette”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Great price great staff great amenities. They will work with you on price although the women manager won't work with you as much as the other staff. She said it's because she has been there the longest. Other than that the staff is great although the manager even though she won't admit she's the manager is tough on guests and employees.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 20, 2011

First, I would like to say that I am not the type of person who has unrealistic expectations about hotels. I have stayed at "budget" hotels my entire life, and if the hotel is clean, I'm typically satisfied.

The trouble began when we walked in the room. Hot water was running from the bathtub faucet. I tried to turn it off, and it wouldn't turn off - broken valve. We notified the front desk and went out to eat. When we returned, the hot water was off, but wouldn't turn back on. My wife called the front desk and we were informed that someone would be up in a little while, but they were having to deal with someone stuck in the elevator! After the unfortunate person was rescued from the elevator, a guy came in with a screwdriver and turned the hot water on again. He said we could call down after we were done and he would turn it off again.

Aside from that issue, there appeared to be a small bit of vomit on the carpet in our room, and the toilet seat was discolored and had little "blisters" on it. Finally, due to hearing about someone being trapped in the elevator, I took the stairs for the rest of our stay, and there were large chunks of dirt between the second and third floors. The dirt was not cleaned up during our stay.

On the positive side, the room was large enough, and we didn't have any noise problems from the neighboring rooms. The bed linens also appeared to be clean.

In short, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Columbus
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This stay has to have been one of the worst stays I have EVER had. I don't think that I have every stayed in a dirtier hotel. Sample filthiness (and I really did not look too hard): urine and hair at the base of the toilet, chunks of dust hanging from the ceiling and in every corner of the room, dust on the headboard, ejaculate on my headboard, dirty walls, grime on the channel guide that did not even match the available channels, a remote control that barely worked. The heater unit varied from no heat to very warm The toilet barely flushed requiring the user to hold the handle down for a bit to make sure it flushed. The towels had a faint smell of cigarette smoke. The hallways had a bad odor and walking down the fourth floor hallway at night, multiple hotel room doors were open without occupants-I would think that would be a safety concern. The "suite" had a too big refrigerator and a very dated cabinet set-up in a standard-size room. Just don't waste your money... especially during high-priced football weekends at Purdue.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Shipshewana, Indiana
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Our room was filthy!. Bed was sloppy made & had hair in it.Pillow smelt like a dirty persons head .The towels dirty & stunked.The bathroom door was splattered with white stuff.There was splattered tan stuff all over other places.There was pieces of dirt, dust, & food crums on counters, bedside tables & table. I could draw in the dust.The ceiling chips falling off. Late at night the ceiling began leaking.The Jacuzzi was filthy,hair in it, & something tan stuck all over it.Thick dust on headboard,TV,dresser,& behind everything else along with other items. every thing was sticky. Front desk girl came wiped down Jacuzzi with a rag & cleaner.No rinsing. we rinsed it, She gave us clean towels & came up to see leak.When I went to bed I gave up & threw stinky pillow on the floor & brushed the hair off.This room is in need of a serious deep clean & recondiitoning.Employees were not to concerned about the matter. evidently they are accustomed to dealing with this on a daily basis.Checkout man just looked at me when I told him the issues with the room. I asked for the manager & he handed me a card. the room was terrrrrrrrible and the staff unconcerned. I normally ask to see the room before taking it, however I didn't this time. I sure paid for it.

Room Tip: Asked to see the room before acccepting it.
San Diego
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Do not stay at this hotel. We initially booked this place based on some online reviews on other sites. They could not have been more wrong. The lobby was unimpressive and noisy. When we got to the room, I was shocked at how dirty it was. It looked as though someone has slept on the bed already. The dark carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in a month and there was mold on the shower ceiling! Luckily for us, the front desk clerk was very understanding and professional about the situation. He called another hotel (same chain) and was able to get us a room there for a reduced price. The "low quality inn" is in desperate need of a renovation.

Madison
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The hotel is a little old, and the bathrooms are small, but the front desk was great. There was a lot of noise coming from the pool area, but broke up around 10 pm. The breakfast area was a little crowded, but supplied well, and kept clean. We will use this hotel again,,,

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the pool area, if it's summer.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I travel alot for work and stay at a lot of Quality Inns all over the midwest. I booked this room for my family because I had enough points to stay for free. This motel is filthy and run down. Our toilet broke, the breakfast was terrible, and they were out of most items. I tried to call for a wake up call twice and had to wait 10-15 minutes just to reach the front desk. The pool is big but there were people smoking all around the pool. There were even people drinking beer in the pool and this was in the afternoon. Not a good family atmosphere to say the least.