“Perfect for a pit stop along I-65.”

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a pit stop along I-65.”
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Check in was quick and friendly. We arrived atround midnight and there were two employees at the front desk. Hotel is definetly outdated as far as decor but amazingly no wear and tear shows. Got the roomsaver coupon from the rest area and the standard roomsaver room of one king bed. Room was basic, again outdated furniture, but spotless. King bed was surprisingly comfortable and shower pressure was very good. Everything you could ask for in an overnight rest stop along I-65. Would have been absolutely perfect if there was breakfast included but not with the roomsaver deal.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank jh1013
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you for your very kind comments about your stay at our hotel. With the struggling economy these past 2 years, we have focused on providing clean, comfortable rooms and superior customer care to our guests. As the economy continues to improve, we will make improvements to the property as well. These comments have been forwarded to our owner.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stopped here one night, unplanned (we saw it from the interstate and decided to give it a shot), on our way to Chicago from Cincinninati (we drove to Cincinnati from Toronto, which is where we are from). It had turned night time and my boyfriend, being unfamiliar with American interstates, was uncomfortable heading in to Chicago in the dark in case we got lost. We had no idea what to expect, but the lobby looked great and it was clean so we decided to stay. We got a really good rate, which was nice. Our room was somewhat outdated and small, but was clean and warm. The shower could really have used some updating.
Oh, and my boyfriend and I discovered that the pillows were lighting up in the dark when he was fluffing them up! Very very faintly, but noticeable. We asked the staff about it in the morning, but they had never heard of it before, and they were curious to check it out for themselves! It shall remain a mystery.
Overall I was quite happy with this hotel, a great rate, and the girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Despite being right on the noisy I-65, it was conveniently right beside an IHOP, and down the street from a Cracker Barrel. I would definitley stay here again if I found myself on another road trip through Lafayette!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cherryblaster1
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so pleased that you experienced a clean, comfortable room and friendly, helpful staff. With these past 2 years being somewhat economically-challenging, we haven't be able to renovate as we would like. With the up-turn in the economy, I believe that we will be seeing upgrades and changes to our sleeping rooms in the near future. We are currently renovating tubs, showers and bathroom vanities.
As for the pillows "...lighting up...", I believe that you were seeing static electricity because our winter air is very dry. I do have to admite that this is the first time that this has been brought to my attention, so I will be researching it further.
Thanks again, have a very Happy Holiday and we hope to see you again!
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Very clean and elegant. Very interesting dining room set up, very good food, ecellent service. We felt very "high class".

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ikkysma
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review about your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to provide every guest with a clean, comfortable room AND superior customer care. I am delighted to know that this was your experience!

I will forward your comments to our owner and managers and we hope to see you again in the future!
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2010

the room and bathroom were clean - bed was not hard and very comfortable - great water pressure for shower - nice room layout that included a desk - nice Old World decor in lobby - friendly and helpful staff - easy location - highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank scoobyblue2
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our property. The staff and I pride ourselves in providing cleanliness, comfort and hospitality to every one of our guests. I will forward your comments to our owner.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.
Columbus, OH
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We got a good deal to stay here on Priceline, but would not have been disappointed even paying the full rack rate. The hotel is a little out-dated but the decorating and appointments were nice. Nice room and comfy bed. Located very close to the interstate highway for convenience, but I didn't notice any problem with highway noise. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The indoor pool looked great, although we didn't use it. We'd be happy to stay here agin. (But we would not go back to the Denny's franchise across the street for breakfast -- very slow service and third-rate food).

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EpicureanLawyer
The staff and I were delighted with your review of our property! We are aware that our property has plenty of 'character' in its decor, and we pride ourselves in presenting our guests with cleanliness, comfort and hospitality during their stay.

On behalf of our owner, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We was on our way to Indiana Beach when it started pouring down rain,So we had to come up with a plan B......My husband seen a sign & thought this would be a great place to take our 4 children to plus it was indoors so no chance of getting rained on.....Was very pleased when we walked in & took a tour So we go back to the front desk to get our room & found out we had to get a second room cause we had 4 kids.....We wasnt happy with that.......But understood the fire code but heres what really upset us.....We was forced to get a second room & got no discount on that room......I didnt see that has fair when we had no choice but to get one only because we had one extra child!!!!! Then we get to our room I cut my self on a broken shower door & our hallway was filled with rollaway beds could barely walk!!!!! So I will never go back there again!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank MichelleDon9305
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
I would like to apologize for the frustration that you felt when you booked 2 rooms in our hotel and did not receive a discount on the second room. Based on when you stayed here, and what our occupoancy/demand was at that time, I truly hope that the staff made every effort toTRY to accommodate your request for a discount. Discounts may not have been available at that time.

I am having my Chief Engineer check all of the shower doors because I am not aware of any of them being broken. Thank you for this information.

If the hallway was filled with rollaways, this may have been during a time when we were preparing for a large group, or we were cleaning up AFTER a large group. Please know that we make every effort to keep our hallways and corridors clutter-free and safe.

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked this hotel for a great price, knowing it was a three star hotel. Upon arriving, it is a very pleasant hotel that highlights its age and heritage as a primary feature. Priceline and Tripadvisor rate this as a three star hotel, which I totally agree with. There's a great restaurant, full service everything, room service, pool, jacuzzi, free wifi (that actually works), and a whole water park for kids. Unfortunately while I would give the hotel its three star rating, the hotel room was simply a very nice two star room. Its very clean, very quiet, and was honestly fine for me, but I didn't get the features of a normal three star room like a down comforter, big screen TV, big desk and easy chair, and an updated bathroom. Don't get me wrong, this family owned hotel takes serious pride and it was very clean, which is always my biggest concern.

For a couple or a family who would utilize the features of this three star hotel, its perfect. Its a great value, and there's tons to do for a family especially. For a solo traveler, who doesn't use the extra's, the hotel was still a good value, but a bit of a let down in the extra plush I expected from a three star room. That being said, if I come back to this area, I will book again at this hotel because of its pride, its cleanliness, and its value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank NotSharkBait
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your past stay with our future guests. We pride ourselves in providing a clean, comfortable stay in the hotel, delicious food and excellent service in the Hour Time Restaurant and fun, family-time in Buccaneer Bay.

I am forwarding your "two-star room" comments to our owner, since he has the last say on capital improvement projects. Since we are beginning to see a turn-around with the economy, I expect to see upgrades and renovations in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your very kind comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future.