“I thought all BW's had free breakfast?”

BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Newport News, Virginia
“I thought all BW's had free breakfast?”
Reviewed December 19, 2009

As suggested in the title, this is the first BW I have stayed at in a very long time that did not have free breakfast.
Other than that, the place itself is pretty good. We had no issues.
As of Dec. 09, they are doing construction on the highway in front of the hotel, and it is quite difficult at times to get there. We waited for about 10 minutes at the stop light to make the left turn to get in.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dgrevillius
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
I am so sorry that you were surprised when you found out that we do not offer a free breakfast. Most Best Western's DO provide a free breakfast, but since we are a full-service hotel, with an attached restaurant (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner), we are not required to offer the complimentary breakfast.
As for the highway construction in front of the hotel, they cannot get it completed soon enough for us. It is a source of frustration for all of our guests. I am sorry that you waited for 10 minutes at the stop light. The State said that it will be completed by August.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
central indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Stayed at this hotel to for a short business meeting and to meet friends. We had a great dinner and the staff was very accommodating. Located right off interstate, great wine list in restaurant, Huge room not your everyday hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2009
Thank you for sharing your hotel stay and Hour Time Restaurant dining experiences with our future guests. I have forwarded your comments to our owner and Food and Beverage Director. The staff and I look forward to seeing during your next visit to Lafayette.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 1, 2009

This hotel is great for young families. It has 2 indoor pools; one you pay for and has great play area young kids to swim around. The other pool is free and has an adult swim late at night. A large field in back is great for dogs. The service was great. The attached restaurant and lounge had good food but a little pricey for the quality; you'd be better off going to the Italian place a few blocks west. There are plenty of shops around too. Convenient to Purdue campus, but can rates expensive during big football weekends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at our property. We pride ourselves in providing a clean, comfortable room and excellent customer service to all of our guests. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Hour Time Restaurant and although our restaurant prices may not be the same as the Italian restaurant down the road, we are unique...we are locally owned and operated and are not a typical 'chain' restaurant.
We do hope to see you again!
Amish Country
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed at Best Western Lafayette on our way to Chicago. It was a great place to rest our head. The staff were friendly. The facilities clean, although bathrooms a little dated. It was right off the highway and near restaurants/gas. They have a pool, hot tub, workout facilities, hotel restaurant, and attached waterpark (for those interested). Beds were firm and pillows plush. I would stay here again on another trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2009
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We do not take our conveniently-located property (off of I-65) for granted. We strive to maintain a high quality of cleanliness and friendliness throughout all departments--front desk, engineering, housekeeping, Hour Time Restaurant and Buccaneer Bay waterpark. We truly hope to see you again.
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Best Western Lafayette! We were planning to stay somewhere near Indiana Beach, however after taking a look at several of the "resorts" there, we quickly decided to head home. Our young children were upset, but thankfully, we found this Best Western. It really saved the day!

The staff (everyone) was absolutely wonderful....kind, polite, and helpful. The hotel was clean and well-appointed. The "adult" pool was great for us older folks and the waterpark was perfect for our children. The free breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hotel. Thanks to the Best Western Lafayette, our mini-vacation was great!!!!

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
Thank you for sharing your experience with our future hotel guests. We are all pleased that you decided to include us in your mini-vacation plans, even though we are a few miles away from Indiana Beach. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with all of our departments, from Buccaneer Bay for the little ones, to the hotel pool for the older-folk, to the Hour Time Restaurant for everyone's breakfast. We truly hope to see you again!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We visit family in the area of Lafayette each year, and decided this year to stay at the Best Western because of the water park for the kids. Well, the smell of chlorine from the waterpark extended all the way into our hotel room! The fitness center is right in the waterpark area and the chlorine smell is overwhelmingly strong in there. The room we stayed in was dated and shabby, and a few things in the bathroom were broken. I wouldn't have minded if the room was less expensive, but I didn't think this place was a good value for the money. To their credit, the staff was very nice and helpful, and did refund part of what we paid when they read my responses to their online questionaire. While this was a nice gesture, though, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank cath60af
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
I am truly sorry that you had a less-than satisfying experience at our property. Since we monitor our pool water regularly every day, I am surprised that experienced a chlorine odor. This will be addressed with our Chief Engineer. I will also forward your sleeping room comments to our owner.
Once again, I am sorry for your experience, and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Swansea, IL
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This hotel has to be, by far the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at. You don't hear anything outside the rooms or upstairs. The indoor water park is PERFECT for young children. My kids are 4 and 7 and they both enjoyed the water park so much. It is very shallow for even my 4 year old to walk around and feel comfortable, yet there is a lot to do so my 7 year old was running around enjoying herself. It was very reasonably priced for what you get. There is a big slide that my 7 year old enjoyed. Again, it is big enough hat she feels like a big girl, yet shallow enough at the end that I didn't have to be there to catch her... I just had to keep my eyes open and everything was good.

The food was really good in the restaurant as well. We even received a coupon for the restaurant just for staying at the hotel. The service was great, the rooms were clean.

My husband and I want to take the kids back just for a weekend trip because it is a cheap trip. We will go stay at the hotel and swim at the water park and we can do it for about $200. What a cheap and fun fast trip!!

I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
bwlafayette, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
Thank you for your very kind reveiw regarding your stay at our property. Our goal is to provide EVERY guest with the positive experience that you described...in the hotel, in the Hour Time Restaurant and in Buccaneer Bay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.