New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Last minute trip/Good service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center

BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Cleanliness:
Despite the fact that the building and decor has not been updated since sometime in the 80s, the hotel and rooms are appear very clean.

Location:
Right off of I-65 on 26. Very close to many restaurants. Purdue campus is 10 minutes up the road.

Rooms:
Again, decor is very dated but their are some great modern amenities including: flat panel tv, small fridge, and coffee maker. The beds feel new and are very comfortable!

Service:
Warm small town service. They called our room 15 minutes after we arrived to make sure all was well - very refreshing.

Value:
Very well valued for similar classes hotels in the area. Least expensive in its class.

Overall:
Great hotel with many things to do. There is a bar/restaurant, pool, and indoor water park all connected. If you are okay with hotels that are a bit dated but clean, then I definitely recommend this hotel for a night or two while visiting the city.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked this property through Hotwire. Was a little skeptical when I requested a three star listing and ended up in a Best Western. When we arrived we were greeted warmly at the front desk. They said that we were upgraded to the executive level on the six floor. Not sure why, but was happy they did. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The staff followed up with a phone call 15-20 minutes after we checked in to make sure everything was acceptable. The hotel is full service. It is definitely a throwback to the 80’s however everything is in good repair. I would stay here again, especially with the room rate through Hotwire.

Room Tip: Upper floor, north or west facing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barbara G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at. We value your feedback and very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to give us a call when you're headed back to the Lafayette.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

At check-in, the three teenage-looking girls were less than friendly, not helpful or inviting, and as we walked away, made a rude comment about our clothing choices (really??) that we could still hear. The "waterpark" was a joke. There was one large water slide that my 10 and 8 year-olds went down twice before they were bored. The baby pool was closed so my toddler had nowhere good to play out of the way of the bigger kids, which was a nightmare. We planned to spend the day there but only spent about an hour before we were ready to go. Definitely not worth a trip or the money, it was awful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Barbara G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I deeply apologize for the issues that took place during your visit with us. Please contact me directly about this matter and we will get it resolved. Just ask for the Front Desk Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stay here once a year on my way back south from business up north. Check-in is always a breeze, getting around the hotel is easy and there is a nice hotel bar downstairs that is usually full of friendly travelers. Our rooms always come with a voucher for breakfast at the restaurant downstairs to refuel before we get back on the road.

Nice place; we'll keep coming back. I just wish I had time to enjoy the pool when I'm here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LouieBiz-com
Barbara G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for saying with us and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The stay started off good at check in. The front desk associate was super efficient and she was very nice. We got up to our room and they keys didn't work. I then went down and she reprogrammed the keys. We got into our room and it was dated for sure but clean nonetheless. I didn't see much that was 3 star worthy but I digress. Later that night we got back to the hotel and our keys wouldn't open up a side for. Made another trip to the front desk and without asking for ID or anything...I was given keys to the room...again. I saw check out was at noon...so I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and called it a night. At 10:45 am...I was just out of the shower and did not have clothes on and strangers just opened the door and came into the room. It was embarassing for both parties. I called down to the front desk and she apologized and said that I was accidentally checked out.

Here is my lesson: Never ever will I book a 3 star in Lafayette for fear that I might have to stay here again.

I got a good deal on Priceline and I will for sure be taking this up with them until something comes about. Without a doubt the worst stay ever in Lafayette (I have to come back often to take care of a sick parent). The fact that the front desk just gives hotel keys away is a HUGE safety issue.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel. Seriously...this exit has SO many hotels.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dougers79
ShannonoNeil, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I would like to have an opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Please contact me at your convenience at (765) 447-0575 ext. 123 or tsc8464@gmail.com.
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

After finding online coupons we took a little "staycation". Our boys, ages 5 and 7, loved the water park. We loved the price! Staff was friendly and room was clean. Breakfast wasn't included but, oh well, still couldn't beat the price.

• Stayed November 2012