“The tomato bisque made me sick tonight.”

Spageddies Italian Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 239 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went there with two friends tonight and service was okay. All I had was soup and bread. The food runner brought me minestrone, but I had ordered tomato bisque. He then brought me the correct soup. I wish I had stuck with the minestrone, because six hours later, I was looking at tomato bisque in the toilet. I've never had any problems at Spageddies before, but I've only eaten there a few times, so I guess I was unimpressed. Needless to say, I won't be back. I'm going to be sick again. Stay away from the tomato bisque.

1  Thank PukeyMcPukerton

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wonderful wait staff and very attentive. The menu items are all good for a chain unit. Have had a couple of traditional Italian-based items (Eggplant Parmesan and Spaghetti w/ meatballs) are portions were good and flavorful.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

For a number of years my business travel placed me near this restaurant near the time of the lunch hour. I would frequently take a client to lunch at Spageddies, as I was sure we would never go wrong with the meal. It proved to be true every time.

Now that I am retired I still go up to Lafayette from my home in Indianapolis and take friends to Spageddies for lunch and dinner. Our most recent trip was the first of September.

As has always been the case the service, the food, and the surroundings all came together to give us a delightful experience. It would be hard to recommend a particular item as we have ordered large numbers of the food items over the years, and we have never experienced a bad meal, or poor service.

Go for it. Spageddies is a great place if you like Italian.

1  Thank DSStephens
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and 9 year old daughter went here for first time. Service and waitress were really good. Complementary bread was a little under baked but ok. My daughter had the kids cheese ravioli and really liked it. My wife had the veal scallopini and she found the veal bland with too much fat and difficult to cut. The accompanying angel hair pasta was cooked well. I has the mussels and shrimp linguini with white wine, garlic and tomatoes. The dish was pretty tasty though it had too much garlic and salt. Shrimp were big and there were a lot of mussels. Both were cooked just right. We had some of the better Chianti on the list which was very good. The dividers of the booth were very dusty, not cleaned in awhile. Food was much better than Olive Garden though still needs some work. For the same price, you can eat at smaller Italian restaurants in Chicago with better tasting food. OK overall.

1  Thank Mesecar
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We've always found this a pleasant, comfortable dining experience, somewhere between a local Italian restaurant and an Olive Garden-type. It's the first place we experienced (years ago) loaves of fresh, hot breads with olive oil/toasted garlic for dipping. Sizzillini/bellinni Tuesdays and other promotions make it even more attractive.