“Nice bar”

Sgt Preston's of the North
Ranked #56 of 230 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Canadian inside themed after the popular Sgt. Preston of the Yukon. American style cuisine with friendly staff and fun environment!
“Nice bar”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Sgt Preston's is our go to spot for a quick meal at odd times of the day. I had a meeting and needed to eat before 4 and so this place came to mind. Even at 3 P.M the bar had a couple of tables filled. Service was quick and my sandwich was very good. I especially like their French fries. I do recommend this place for a quick bite.

Visited December 2013
SergeantPreston, Public Relations Manager at Sgt Preston's of the North, responded to this review, November 21, 2016
We're glad we could accommodate your tight schedule, thanks for the good review!

Lafayette, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nearby spot”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I liked this place, being new to lafayette I have tried out most of the local places I can and this one has a new place in my heart! Love the drink specials and the chill vibe, walking distance helps too! Lol

• Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
“Why does anyone go here?”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've eaten here several times, but only because a larger group of people was meeting here. Everything here, except for the fried food (mozzarella sticks, ordered in bulk from a giant food service company) is pretty terrible. Who still serves salads composed only of iceberg lettuce? Ugh. Service is very slow and disorganized, though friendly enough. I'm sure if you're looking for the kind of place that serves the same staid, boring Midwestern "cuisine" that was popular 50 years ago, you'd feel pretty comfortable here.

• Visited December 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Sgt Preston's of the North, responded to this review, November 20, 2016
We're very sorry about your previous experiences with us;we're currently revising our menu to bring Lafayette new options and exciting tastes! We want everyone to leave here satisfied, so we hope you'll give us another shot to showcase our new menu.
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“So glad an "old friend" like this was still here”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We used to go here when I was in veterinary school in 1994-1998. They have good food and drinks and a nice atmosphere to hang with friends. Just a simply nice and easy joint. It's not too expensive but the variety is good. The staff is friendly too.

• Visited September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Decent Little Place To Eat”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my second trip to Sgt. Preston's. My husband and I had eaten here years ago, but I couldn't remember the name of the place and wanted to go back. When we walked in, I told my husband that I had finally found it again.

When we went, despite it being dinner time, it was only us, another couple and some college kids in the whole place. We weren't greeted or anything immediately, so we had to go up to the bar to remind them we were there. After that little mishap, the waitress took great care of us and the food was served quick and hot. I think they have a good menu selection and I really enjoyed the rustic atmosphere. If I am in Lafayette again, I would still return to Sgt. Preston's.

• Visited September 2013