“Great service, good food and nice atmosphere”

Sgt Preston's of the North
Ranked #30 of 228 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Canadian inside themed after the popular Sgt. Preston of the Yukon. American style cuisine with friendly staff and fun environment!
“Great service, good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Ate here with family during the holiday. Hadn't been to Sgt. Preston's in awhile. Our server was very kind and humorous. The food was good and so was the beer. The bar wasn't too crowded and the atmosphere was nice.

“Disappointed by service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

After ordering our food it took a very long time to finally receive it! When I got my sandwich and apple sauce, I got no spoon to eat it with and neither of the sprouts or lettuce I asked for was on the sandwich. I thought, no biggie. So I got the waitress's attention and asked for the sprouts and lettuce to be put on and for a spoon. She brought the spoon and the sandwich back with sprouts but still no lettuce. The food wasn't that great anyway. Probably wouldn't go again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good Food, Good and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Attended the Wisconsin at Purdue game, and friends told us to try a couple spots, Sgt. Preston's being one of them. After 2 previous stops, we went to Sgt. Preston's and were treated as guests and welcomed by the staff, and even the other customers. Everyone made us feel at home.
We had cocktails, and later ate dinner. The quality of service and food and drink was superb. They sold shirts and more with Sgt. Preston's on the front. When I told the hostess that I had a grandson named Preston but there was no shirt that small, she said, "let's see what we can do!"
A short time later, we were surprised when the UPS man dropped off a package and in it...a size 2 shirt for grandson "Preston". Wow, what a great memory, and what a thoughtful present from these special people. We do travel the Midwest a lot, and will not hesitate to drive a few miles out of the way to go back and visit the quality, good times, and now...friends at Sgt. Preston's.

• Visited October 2012
Columbus IN
“Great bar, excellent food, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

A unique gathering place to enjoy a sandwich, sip your beer, and enjoy the Canadian wilderness decor. I've always enjoyed the various lunch items over several years.

Visited July 2012
office
“Great Local Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was my favorite bar when I was a student at Purdue, and it is still a great place. The drinks were great, the bartender was friendly, and the partons made me feel like a local. Boiler Up!

Visited November 2012