“Great Overall”

Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 246 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The food staff and atmosphere are very good. We have been many times. My only negative is that I feel like the price is a bit high. Everything is between $10 and $15. I just feel like the price of production for Mexican foodies extremely low.

1  Thank Jnotoras

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to Pepe's tonight - we last visited over one year ago. There appeared to be a new menu which listed a variety of items from the menu with accompanying pictures. I ordered the quesadilla dinner with steak. The rice and beans that came with the meal were tasty. However the steak quesadilla was saturated with grease - dripping pools of grease actually. Even my husband commented on it when I tried to get him to finish my dinner. Hope the restaurant can determine how to cook without excess grease.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was good.We always go here every time we go to lafayette.i can't wait to go back for the food

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was the first time we had been here. We decided to go after hearing how great the margaritas were. We ordered both dinner and drinks.The food was OK. The enchiladas them selves were good, but the beans and rice were both very bland. The drinks were excellent and cheaper than we were expecting. The service was OK as well. If we go back we will probably just go for drinks.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pepe's Restaurant has been in Lafayette for years near the intersection of Main St. and Sagamore Pkwy. Several years ago the restaurant moved to a location near the Tippecanoe Mall, in a building that once housed a Mexican restaurant with great atmosphere, but they couldn't stay in business. Pepe's almost immediately moved in and because of its local reputation has become even more popular than ever. The food is your basic southwestern style Mexican food that you are familiar with. Their specialty is their margarita which can be ordered in many different flavors. Mango is my favorite. The food is pretty average but it's the margaritas, the atmosphere, and the service that makes this restaurant a cut above.