“Great Food; Average Service”
Review of Little Mexico

Little Mexico
Ranked #153 of 239 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Ambiance - Time and attention to detail is clearly evident in the way this restaurant looks. The walls, floors and furniture are all very colorful and appropriately represent the theme of the restaurant.

Food- The food is good and in my judgement pretty authentic Mexican cusine.

Service- I was turned off by the service. The servers did not proactively offer menu items. Instead they inquired very casualy "are you ready to order" or something along those lines every time I have visited. Desert was not offered to me during any of my visits. Instead, they brough out the check shortly after serving the entree, as if the service had ended there. Just to make sure - The staff has been friendly or at least ok, but I believe they just lack training.

Summary - This restaurant has placed quite a bit of effort in making sure the food and the ambiance are right. However, they could do a better job in training their employees in the cycle of service, and selling the menu.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I like this restaurant, it just fails to wow me. The salsa, guacamole, and margaritas are all good but not fantastic, and honestly what could be more important at a Mexican restaurant? Seriously though, I recommend it.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Love the spinach enchiladas here! Everything is good, though, and the ambiance is very colorful & unusual for this area. Worth a trip!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I really like their food, especially their combination plates. Everything always seems really fresh. I would say it is my favorite Mexican restaurant in the area but for one thing. The margaritas are oversweet and, even worse, blue. I don't know why exactly but that really bothers me. If I want a margarita with my mexican food, I go elsewhere.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The decor makes me crazy and the menu is a mess. It's too long and I can never find simple dishes that I like. Food is OK but I never crave it. Salsa is the best thing.