“NEED AN EMERGENCY PLAN!”
Review of Chumley's

Chumley's
Ranked #50 of 238 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 26, 2013

So the power goes out right after we had our salads and a coke.....its starts smelling in there because the exhaust fans are not working...after 20 minutes we say "Check Please..." They had no way of doing anything because the power was out and if we left they were gonna call the cops...basically we were being held hostage!!! I offered them a $20 but nobody had change....I offered my drivers license and told them I would be back to pay.....I mean did they expect me to stay there for an indefinite time to pay a $10.00 bill??? Worthless!!! Unprofessional!!!! Untrained in lieu of an emergency!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We hit this place up often for some chicken wings and some chips and salsa. Their wings are big and you have plenty of sauces to choose from and the chips and salsa come with not only the salsa but also spicy cheese and guacamole. They also have tons of beer on tap. I will agree with another poster that they are ridiculous with changing the TV channels. We were in there once and wanted to watch a soccer game at 2 in the afternoon. They wouldn't change any TVs to that channel because they were all tagged for sporting events that started at 7 p.m. that night. We couldn't believe it. But if you don't care what is on TV, then give Chumley's a whirl.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff is apparently terrified of the owner. There were 40 of us that wanted to watch a baseball game and the staff was so scared of the owner and his or her policy that the stickers on the tv dictate what will be watched that they would not change the channel on one of the 20 TVs to the game we wanted to watch. I hope this establishment goes out of business. They let hundreds possibly more than a thousand dollars walk out of the door. What a terrible way to do business.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place certainly doesn't deserve a one star rating! It is simply a fun bar downtown Lafayette. There is a massive amount of beer available both on tap and in bottle. The food is slightly above average, however, the atmosphere is great. There are lots of TVs and the place is always clean. Not the best place for a quiet conversation but certainly a fun hangout.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Chumley's has the best draft beer selection in Lafayette. This is the only reason to go there. The food is passable bar food, but they don't really care about that. At Chumley's it's about the beer, although sadly a lot of the wait staff aren't really into beer, so that's confusing. Anyway, if you want a massive draft beer selection in Lafayette, you'll have no choice but to go to Chumley's. On the other hand, if you want a small but good regional and local draft beer selection, go to Scotty's just across the pedestrian bridge in West Lafayette! (that's what I'd do!)