“Succulent prime rib”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I and another couple went to Mountain Jack's before attending a concert in Lafayette on Valentine's Day. We weren't familiar with the Lafayette area, so I searched a few websites to get a feel for what others recommended. Mountain Jack's got several high marks, so we decided to check it out. It was very crowded & I was glad we had a reservation. The staff was friendly & professional. The ambiance was very cozy. And the food was really good! The wine selection was decent and we enjoyed a nice bottle of Pinot. The salad was crisp & fresh and the house vinaigrette was excellent. Our friends loved the bleu cheese dressing. My husband had the filet mignon, and the other couple had the pork chop & tempured shrimp. They all enjoyed their food, but we all agreed my prime rib was some of the best we've ever tasted. Cooked to perfection & it practically melted in our mouths (I shared a bite with everyone!). Our server was efficient and spunky...we liked her very much. When we explained we were to attend a concert nearby & hoped to be on our way by a certain time, she assured us she would do her best & she didn't disappoint. They even had a roving violinist, who was quite good. I'm not sure if the violinist is a nightly feature or if they simply offer special music on special holidays. In any event, it was a nice touch. It was a very enjoyable evening. Our group would recommend Mountain Jack's and especially the prime rib!

There are newer reviews for Mountain Jack's

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Experience was rewarding. Food was great - a little pricey, but not too bad. Steaks are excellent. It's a little dark inside, but homey

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

You used to find us eating here every year for our anniversary but for a couple of years now, we may be there 2-3 times a month. It is our very favorite local restaurant for elite dining.

1  Thank Melony R
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This place has the best food imaginable. Everything was perfect. The dessert was fantastic. If you want a great meal and service come here.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent service, food and wine list at a very reasonable price - My choice for a nice meal at a steakhouse every year in January while attending a professional educational conference at nearby Purdue University. I love the appetizer selections as well as the surf & turf options... their desserts are quite tasty, but wish they would bring back their awesome Peanut Butter Pie!