“Very good Greek Mom & Pop”
Review of Akropolis

Akropolis
Ranked #29 of 245 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always like going here. Excellent traditional Greek food mixed with quite a few random non-Greek options. Prices are decent, atmosphere is average (food served on a tray??), but go there for the food. The owners are always there behind the counter. Friendly but very pushy people. For your first time, get the dinner sampler and you won't regret it (enough to feed 2 people).

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Lafayette. The food is wonderful. There is not anything on the menu that isn't tasty. I have never had crisper, fresher lettuce on any salad, Greek or othewise -- I don't know how they do it. My favorites include the char-broiled chicken (may take about 15 or 20 minutes, but is definitely worth it), the broiled vegetable plate with gyros meat, the slouvaki dinner, and the gyros dinner.

Dinners come with choice of either salad or soup. The hearty soups are lentil and lemon rice. When we go there for evening meal we always get the saganaki (burning cheese - oopa!) The hommos is very nice and the french fries are amazingly tasty. I know that may sound strange to say, but they are REALLY GOOD! How refreshing to have french fries made from a real potato, not some frozen reconstituted gorp.

They have red wine, assorted Greek and domestic beers, and fountain sodas. After dinner I like to get a Greek coffee, medium (sugar) and baklava. This strong little cup of coffee is just the thing to help keep me awake through a late night movie at the Lafayette 9. The Akropolis is a family run business. I have been going there for years and the feeling there is always like family, warm and welcoming. I have never been to Greece, but if I make it there one day I hope the food and feeling is this good!

Regarding wheelchair accessibility, no ramps, but both entrances have easily negotiated low steps. We have taken two family members in their chairs numerous times over the years. They are child-friendly and have high chairs.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Based on trip advisor reviews, we thought we'd meet our friends for a nice dinner out at this restaurant. We couldn't have been more disappointed! The building is run down, and for what we got, very overpriced. It is a mom and pop shop, limited service, no ambience and food was mediocre. We were disappointed that the reviews were so positive and that our experience was the opposite. It seemed misleading. They should send a letter of apology to Athens.

1  Thank IndianapolisFamily
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We eat here at least once per month and have never had a bad meal.
Very good gyros and homemade fries.
Mom and Pop type eatery - but good.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been going for over twenty years. Great food at reasonable prices. We love many/most of their menu items with plenty of variety to keep us coming back week after week. George, Marie and their team are like family!