“Best of Lafayette”

Bistro 501
Ranked #6 of 239 Restaurants in Lafayette
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bistro 501 is the premier dining experience in downtown Lafayette. From foodie to formal, we have a beautifully crafted menu and expertly curated cocktails and wine. Our menu features a range of dishes from more adventurous escargot and roasted marrow bones to the classic filet, fresh seafood and roasted chicken. Lunch is a must try with a full selection of handcrafted sandwiches, salads and entrées. Check our social media for nightly and weekly features, see you soon!
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We've visited Bistro 501 twice in the last month, while visiting Lafayette. We really like it! The atmosphere is nice, service is very friendly and competent, and the food is both imaginative and beautifully prepared. The place is popular, so reservations are a good idea. This is our go-to place in Lafayette!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The restaurant itself is very nice. The wine list is great. However, the filet was not very moist and the exterior was over-charred. Nice meal, but could have been better. The service was excellent.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This has nothing to do with a "Bistro", it is not Bistrolike.
The restaurant, an older building, re-decorated nice, two sections, Restaurant and Bar area.
Does have a good atmophere, but not like a Bistro.
Service was friendly but not verry professional.
Unfortunately half of the serving staff did look like they were picked of the street, dirty outfits, untidy appearance.
Winelist is limited, Coctails were fine.
Not impressed with the food, to bad....
My appetizer was a Brie an croute, presentation nice, missing finesse, dry and not exceptional.
The maincourse, Duckbrest, was the biggest disappointment.
Supposed to be presented rose, cutting in the center it was grey, over, over done.
According my server this was how it was normally prepared. to bad...........I was dissapointed.
My Rose Wine from the Provence was good and made up for it a little.
Prices are on the high end which I don't mind if the food is very good.
It was not my first visit to this place, have been there a couple of times,
After this experience I will not go back for a while.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am very picky about my steak. There are not a lot of places that have a great flavor, are tender, and juicy. This place has it all. The fillet mignon is spectacular. I don't really like onions and I do not like french onion soup, but I tried it at this place and love it! I have gone here 4 or 5 times and each time it was as good as the last.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff treated us very nice. The food was very good and authentic. My brother & his wife gave us a gift certificate to eat there, but we would go again.