“poor service”

Ranked #101 of 237 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2014

i knew not to expect gourmet quality food from here but at least i expected some service. it was very hard to get the attention of the waitress. very frustrating

There are newer reviews for Steak 'n Shake

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Steak & Shake is one of those Midwest institutions that built its reputation on a good burger and fries with handmade milk shakes. This particular location delivered fully on that reputation--best milkshake I have had in several years and the burgers are a couple steps above the other fast food outlets. For the two of use the entire meal was around $14, which included shakes, salad, burgers and fries!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stopped in while staying at a near by hotel. It took over 15 min for our server to come take a drink order or greet us. We order our food two out of three kids meals were some how missed. My husbands side of cheese wasn't on the bill even though she said she added it.

The manager on duty did take our drinks off the bill which was nice but we had to actually ask for the bill after sitting there for 10 min waiting for it when finished eating. We then waited at the counter for a very long time before anyone even came to take our money.

Food was tasty but all the waiting around makes me want to go somewhere else next time I'm in town.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

To be honest, I have never been a steak and shake fan. I dont like the fries, and the food always seemed to be over priced.

My wife however loves, LOVES the shakes!

We stopped on the way home, (a white castle is sooo close YUM), got a couple of sandwiches, and a couple of kids meals. The kids meal hamburgers are soooooo cute!

Small versions of the big ones just right for a kids hands. And the boys loved them ... The shakes as always were awesome but to my amazement it was really pretty cheap and man was it fast!

Way to go

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Breakfast menu is large, service is good, food is excellent....my first ever breakfast here....didn't even know they served breakfast!