“Disappointing”

Sylvia's Brick Oven
Ranked #27 of 228 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

When a good restaurant engages in cost cutting and starts substituting ingredients it is frequently the beginning of the end. I hope that the use of the awful canned mushrooms in their fungi pizza isn't the new norm. Having enjoyed the their food in the past, including this pizza with fresh mushrooms, I was very disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dz_zd

Illinois
“Never have I ever received such poor customer service.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Unfortunately this evening, my love affair with Sylvia's has come to an end. I have always enjoyed Sylvia's greatly, even bringing out of town guests and recommending the restaurant and food to other people. However, that all changed this evening... My husband and I were seated in a bar table and after enjoying appetizers, pizza, and several drinks paid our bill. As soon as our credit card was swiped and I with a FULL drink of their advertised sangria, our server Erik, approached us and asked us to vacate our table because they were very busy and they were on a 30 minute wait. I affirmed to Erik that NEVER HAVE I EVER been asked to vacate a table before because a restaurant was busy. I will never return to this establishment again nor will I encourage/recommend others to support a restaurant with such poor customer service and disregard to a dining EXPERIENCE. What a shame, next time I want to be hustled out of a dining experience I will visit Applebees.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank SailHikeTravel
Lafayette
“Great new addition to Lafayette”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

New restaurant open less than a year. Very casual atmosphere. Great Brick Oven Pizza. Servers can be less than attentive occasionally.

• Visited March 2013
“Unique!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The food is pretty good, and very different from the usual offerings. If you like pizza, and want to try something different than usual, I recommend it. The Italian Lemon Cake and the Tara misu are really good too. Unlike some other reviewers, I have been there twice and had great service both times.

Visited April 2013
West Lafayette
“Nice Italian alternative”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

You'll find a comfortable, contemporary dining experience with low lighting and cozy tables for two. Our server was attentive, personable and our spinach salad and brick oven pizza were tasty with "house-made mozzarella" and fresh ingredients. Seems popular for a romantic evening for two.

Visited January 2013