“Nice overnight”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Williamsville
“Nice overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This Homewood Suites is similar to most other Homewood Suites we've stayed at. I presume they all use pretty much the same formula. Our suite at this location was a little smaller than others we've stayed at, but we had ample space, and we had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast of the day was not so wonderful (it was an egg sandwich on an English muffin that was way too chewy), although the evening social hour wasn't too bad. The place is clean. Everything was in working order. It is conveniently located. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were all super! One thing I didn't care for is that you can't use the bathroom without the very loud fan being on. it goes on with the light - not necessary, and noisy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
The staff and I want to thank you for the great comment about the staff. Our team is very proud of the property and want every guest to experience first class service.
Thanks for the heads up about the breakfast sandwiches. We have addressed the issue with the English muffins and have solved the problem.
Unfortunately, the fan and light in the bathroom was installed by deisgn and it would be a lenghty and expensive process to try and separate the two fixtures. We always value our guests opinion and try to change what we can. Some items we have to live with and hope this one does not deter you from coming back.
Thanks for all of your input and appreicate you staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dunkirk, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Rooms were clean and in good shape. Hotel staff allowed us to use meeting room to party with our group of friends so we would not bother the other guests. Will stay here again when in the area. Beds were soft and comp. breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am so glad our staff extended the meeting room for your group. We always love to have large groups in the hotel and know you are there at times to celebrate freindships. We appreciate your comments about our housekeeping staff, our breakfast staff and our hotel. We strive to make all of our guests comfortable and happy. We will see you on your next trip to Lafayette!
GRAND RAPIDS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful stay so far! I will be here for a month and have already been here a week. The service is above and beyond from the moment I walked in! It was very economical for the extended stay. Great beds with lots of pillows, great water pressure with excellent soaps and shampoos (I didn't even use my own this time) It was very quiet and sitting outside by the courtyard was a nice way to relax after work.At night, Linda was very attentive with the food and guests! It was very good dinner included Mon-Thur although I am diabetic and some were a little carb high, there was always a salad ready. Maya's smile was great every night when I walked in and you couldn't help but leave there smiling as well. I really have enjoyed it so far and will look for other Homewood Suites for my future stays!!! I wish I could mention every staff member because honestly every staff member was outstanding!

• Stayed May 2013
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
What a fantastic review! We appreicate you recognizing Linda and Maya-they are outstanding team members and deserve the kudos. I am pleased to hear that everyone is attending to your needs and is making you feel like you are at home-that is the Homewood culture.
We are excited to hear you will be with us for a while and would appreciate any suggetsions or comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.
Lafayette, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel was booked to accommodate family members traveling from abroad. The entire check-in/out process was smooth and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The breakfast items were good and coffee was always fresh. The room was clean and well-kept and the access was easy from the parking areas and lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are happy to read about the ease of check in at the hotel. We know after a long day of traveling the last thing a guest wants to do is wait to get to thier room. Our front desk team is very well trained to process a speedy check in. Another option is being a Hilton Honors member. Check in is a breeze and it is a free travel program where you can earn points and miles.
Glad you enjoyed the suite, our amentities and our staff!
Portage, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Homewood Suites. I stayed there for five days for job related purposes. My room was cleaned everyday by housekeeping and they did a fabulous job. The only inconvenience was the parking and the lobby not being attached and having to walk outside to get there. The breakfast was ok, but I wish they had to go containers or disposable products also. I would definitely come back with family in the near future. Latoya

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We want to thank you so much for recognizing our housekeeping staff. We are very proud of them and most of the team has been with us for many years.
We are a Gen 1 Homewood Suites and the lodge is not attached to the suites. It can be inconvenient but is awesome when the weather is good and you can smell the fresh cut grass.
We should always have to-go containers for our guests. We took care of that problem right away -thanks for the heads up!
We would love to have your family stay with us on your next trip to Lafayette!
NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel late last week on my way to a business trip about an hour south. I chose this hotel based off the other reviews. Overall I had a very enjoyable stay. The room had two suites, one with the beds and then a kitchen/living room area. It was great that you could shut the door between the rooms. The bathroom was very large and very clean. The furniture itself could use a bit of an update.

Be aware that when you check in you will most likely need to move your car, so do not pull out all of your luggage unless you don't mind repacking it. I arrived during some rain and learned the hard way. Perhaps some signage at the small circle drive indicating you can leave your car during check-in would eliminate this issue. The hotel is also in a bit of a square with a courtyard in the middle that has a swimming pool and basketball court. My room faced into a hallway, but one of the buildings opened right onto the parking lot. Just an FYI.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks for checking out our reviews and we are glad you had an enjoyable stay. We are excited to be ranked #1 and appreciate the suggestions by our guests.
We have an outstanding housekeeping staff that make us proud every day. We are getting new couches in the suites and new carpet. Some of the sutes already have these upgrades. We are anxiously awaiting for the rest to arrive so we can complete the hotel.
We appreciate the suggestion about the sign on the circle drive. This would be a plus for our traveler. The building opening to the parking lot are our Master Suites which are larger and they all have fireplaces. When you travel back to Lafayette and stay with us, try the Master Suite, you will be very pleased.
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travel about 2 times/month and stay at luxury hotels. Homewood Suites satisfied me as much as the luxury hotels. Everything was excellent - from the moment I walked in until I left. My comfort and needs were their guarantee.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

The staff and I want to thank you for comparing Homewood Suites to a luxury hotel. We might not have a bellman but we always go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied. We are proud to be a Homewood Suites and part of the Hilton family.
We are happy the staff made you comfortable and you were completely satisfied-come back and see us soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#3 of 21 in Lafayette
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!