WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Nice mini-apartment style room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

A supurb Homewood Suites. What sets this particular one apart is the friendly staff. From check in to the managers reception to the free breakfast, the staff were always extremely friendly and engaging, and they make you feel at home. High quality breakfast and lite dinner food items. The mini-suites are somewhat tight quarters, but they have all the essentials and are very well maintained. Pretty sure I'll stay here again if I ever have business in the Lafayette area, 10-15 minute drive from Purdue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I want to thank you for the 5 Star review and your comments about the staff-they are SUPER! Our team is sincerely dedicated to every guest and want them to feel at home. We are glad you were able to partake in the breakfast and the dinner. Quality is first on our list, we only want the best for our guests.
Hope your travel brings you back to Lafayette so we can serve you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bowie. maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed for a second time at the Homewood Suites recently, and once again we had a very pleasant accomodation. The suite was spacious, quiet, and well equipped. The bed was large and VERY comfortable. They offer a complete, free hot breakfast (buffet style), and even a free dinner and drinks on at least some evenings (we didn't partake, so I can't comment on it). Our stat was for three nights, but you could practically live here -- the suites are like a small one bedroom apartment. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
The staff and I want to thank you for returning to our hotel and for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing pointed accommodations and outstanding customer service. Thanks for the recommodation to all travelers and see you next trip!
popolanos225@comcast.net
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while taking in a Purdue football game. Wonderful place with clean rooms, plenty of space for a family, very comfortable beds and a great breakfast in the morning. This is right off the highway where there were plenty of things to do after the game and places to eat. You do have to drive to the stadium but it was only about 10 min.

Room Tip: Very similar to a Embassy Suites with the two different rooms, I enjoyed this for privacy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Go Boilers! We appreciate you staying with us while visiting Lafayette. The staff and I are thrilled that you have tried several hotels in town and rank us number one! We value your opinion about our staff and our accommodations and glad we exceeded your expectations.
Apologize for the couches, they are brand new and placed in your suite on that Thursday. We are hoping they will soften up as time goes on-but thanks for the heads up!
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a Purdue Grad I go back occasionally for a game or whatever. Pickings can be somewhat slim in the area and so far I have found this hotel to be by far and away the best option in Lafayette. Booked a King suite. When I arrived at check in the staff was great and let me know that it was a tailgate happy hour. So I grabbed a few free wings and a couple of beers before heading up to my room. When I got to my room it was very nice. Totally legit suite with kitchen, not just some regular room with a sink and a toaster. The layout was nice with the bathroom shower and toilet being able to be separtated from sink and bedroom. Kitchen was fully furnished with full size fridge. The room even had a gas fireplace in in. The only down size was the couch was very uncomfortable. In the morning went down for the complimentary breakfast which was very nice. Eggs, bacon, juice, waffles etc..

All in all the facilities were great, staff excellant and it was a good value. I will stay here when in town from now on

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Go Boilers! The staff and I want to thank you for the great review of our property. We appreciate your comments and the ranking the Homewood as the number one place to stay in Lafayette!
We will be anxious to serve you again!
Apologize for the couches, they are brand new and placed in your suite on that Thursday. We are hoping they will soften up as time goes by-thanks for the heads up!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dear fellow travelers, apologies for the "trivial" title, but I meant it when I said it felt like home!

To start with, it was very nice to come back to the area 15 years after I graduated from Purdue.. but to continue with, the reason why I came back was not for fun - I came to Lafayette to attend funeral of my very close friend. Due to an emergency (as always, in such case), I had to make it from DC to Lafayette within one day. The hotel was initially reserved for 2 nights, I made a call from the road and got a room one day prior my reservation. When we arrived tired and exhausted after 11 hour trip, the room was ready, we got the keys and were told by the front desk that we could still make it for the Manager's Reception. Nice!

The room (a 1BR suite) was spotless and spacious, and had a very smart design. There were two of us, but 3-4 people could have been easily accommodated in it. We had some probs with the bath tub, but the help arrived and it was fixed. A full kitchen is a big plus cause there is a large Walmart super-center walking distance from the hotel (plus a small shopping plaza).
However, if the one stays during the week, s/he doesn't even need a kitchen -- the breakfast has the greatest selection of freshly cooked food I ever had in my life.. and every weeknight (except Fridays) from 5 to 7 there is a so called Manager's Reception meaning.. full dinner! The atmosphere in the lobby is always very welcoming and we came for an early breakfast at the day of our departure, both fireplaces were running because of the super-cold temperatures.

The hotel is not in a walking distance from either W. Lafayette or Lafayette, but a nice feature is a complementary shuttle to Purdue campus - inquire at the front desk, park your car at the hotel lot and take a shuttle to mingle with the student crowds at the Union. Also, there is a free Wi Fi in the rooms and a complementary business center in the lobby.

Last but not least... Hotel staff is a gem. The front desk, the maintenance guys, the cooks and the hosts, the cleaning ladies... thank you for your efforts! This is definitely one of the most well-maintained and organized Hilton properties! Hope to be back some day!

Room Tip: The hotel is not on the main road, so the rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kenosha, Wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great location - Friendly staff and nice evening dinner and drinks. Breakfast in the morning is more than enough. This was my second time there. Rooms are clean and spacious. The front desk people are always nice and can offer suggestions and coupons for nearby restaurants. There is a nice steak house within walking distance that is good - Mountain Jacks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our stay at the Homewood Suites in Lafayette was great. The suites are very private and comfortable and the staff is friendly and very accomodating. My Husband and I were staying to attend a wedding and were given an easy access room for our early arrival. After enjoying the events of the evening we were late getting up and missed our complementary breakfast. I called the front desk and they delivered breakfast to our room.

I will definately stay at Homewood Suites in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#7 of 21 in Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#3 of 21 in Lafayette

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!