“Felt like an apartment complex”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Akron, Ohio
“Felt like an apartment complex”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed here for three nights while visiting Purdue University. I hardly felt like I was staying in a hotel, since my room was like a cute 1 bedroom apartment. Its true that the lobby is not connected to all the rooms, but it wasn't a problem for me. I only had breakfast one day and it was pretty standard, nothing too exciting.
Service was excellent - couldn't have asked for better. They seemed to really care for all their guests.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Overall Impression: Great Location. Stayed here while visiting my son at Purdue. This is now “my place”, when visiting Purdue. One of the Best Homewood Suite I have ever stayed in.

With my Hilton Honors Diamond status, I received HH points.

PROs:
- Great staff
-Proximity to local restaurants and shopping.
-Rooms were spotless
-Great breakfast
-First class amenities
-Property layout large. More like an apartment/condo complex than a hotel.

CONs:
-Rooms/halls not connected to the lobby area.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Charleston S.C.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The property was nice and Julie and Alix were wonderful. They were both very kind and caring.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Let me start by saying, I've never been a fan of hotels where the rooms are not in the same building as the main office. This hotel's staff makes up for that...I cannot say enough nice things about them. I've stayed there 3 times already and will again in August as my son is a student at Purdue and this hotel is pretty close. On our last trip we had to depart from Indiana at 3am and I mentioned this to the staff and told them my husband was a diabetic. They prepared food and coffee for us at that time...the food wasn't fantastic frankly a bit stale but the fact that they took the time to do this with what they had available at that moment speaks volumes for the quality of the people working there. They've always been friendly and helpful....well done and see you soon!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
The staff and I want to thank you for this wonderful review. We appreciate you recognizing our service and our commitment to our guest.
We are so excited to hear that your son is attending Purdue and you will becoming back to visit us. We have had many Purdue parents stay with us and this has always became thier home away from home-Welcome to the family!
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was in this college town to give a lecture. I had minimal expectations as I thought I was headed to the middle of corn fields and soy beans.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The ladies at the front desk made our brief stay pleasant.

We had minor technical difficulties with our room and the staff worked incredibly hard to repair the problem and make the situation right.

Where we live we don't have fireplaces. It was a nice treat to enjoy a fireplace. My children really enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank World2Explore
The staff and I are so happy you found us while on your visit to Lafayette. We appreciate all the great comments and we are very proud of the service we provide to all of our guests.
Come back and see us ---we are on the right of the last row of corn!
Have a wonderful rest of the summer!
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Very nice hotel! I was upgraded to a fireplace suite free of charge which was a nice surprise. All the comforts of home and it felt like I was in an apartment rather than a hotel - only I didn't have to cook breakfast or dinner!

Room Tip: Excellent
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Kelly776
The staff and I want to thank you for the wonderful comments. Our goal is to make all our guests feel like it this is thier home away from home. We are happy you felt this way and enjpyed your stay.
NJ
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Here are the pros:
Very good hospitality
Flat screen TVs in rooms
Beautiful dining area
Layout of king bedroom sweet cute - double doors to bedroom
Nice tile in bathroom

Cons:
1 king bedroom suites appears smaller than other Homewood king suites

MAJOR CON:
Lobby/dining area not connected to the rest of the hotel. Imagine it raining and you have to walk outside to get to the dining area for breakfast/dinner. How can one smell the cookies baking?
Outdoor pool nice but when vacationing w/ children you need a fall back plan in the event of bad weather. If there's only an outdoor pool......
Many other reviewers apparently don't mind the 'disconnect' but as a frequent Homewood guest it threw me for a loop.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank the3travelers
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. The staff and I appreciate your positive comments about our hospitality and the suites.
The staff and I are so happy you are a frequent Homewood guest. This property is a Generation 1 and all of these are constructed with outside entries and outside pools. We do offer free umbrellas for the occassional rainstorm and our outdoor pool is fabulous on a sunny day.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay even though the hotel is not entirely connected and hope you stay with us again when you are visiting Lafayette.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#3 of 22 in Lafayette
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!