“A Good Choice For Lafayette”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed at Homewood Suites for a visit to Purdue. The room was quiet and comfortable. We could close off bedroom from living area so kids on sofa bed could have a separate room It was nice having small kitchen area especially the frig. The breakfast was well stocked. The front desk and ladies stocking the breakfast were friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasTxtraveler
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thanks for the great rating and your wonderful comments.
We appreciate your kudos to the staff and your review of the suites. It is so nice when you travel to have the space you deserve!
When you travel to Lafayette or any where in the US, we hope you choose Homewood Suites by Hilton!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this Homewood Suites location. I am impressed with the attentive front desk staff and the helpful other employees around the hotel (maids, breakfast area). The rooms seem to have a bit of wear on them; the one I stayed in most recently had frayed carpet. The light and noisy fan in the bathroom are on the same switch, so don't think you are going to leave the light on as a nightlight! The hotel is convenient to the Interstate and lots of restaurants. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SuzanneManhattan

Welcome back to your home away from home. We are glad you chose to stay with us again when you were visiting Lafayette.
The staff and I want to thank you for your wonderful comments about our service. We strive to make every guest feel like one of the family.
We are addressing the carpets and have replaced carpet in some suites. Thanks for the heads up!
See you on your next trip!

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Returned after not staying here for years. The service has held up, although the breakfast is not as complete as it once was. The great rice cooker and Japanese dishes at breakfast are gone. I guess Subaru is not as dominant in this area as it used to be.

Staff is ok - nothing extraordinary. It was very cold when I was here and be aware that each room has an external door. The cold air under the door was noticeable.

In short, the hotel was quiet (despite being in a congested area near I-65). The staff was Ok, but nothing exceptional. I'd return next time in area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BarefootTom
LAFHH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

The staff and I want to thank you for staying with us again. The Asian breakfast is still served but only Monday through Friday. Subaru and Toyota is still very important to our business.
I am sorry to hear that the staff was just OK-we want all of our staff to go above and beyond and make everyone feel lile this is thier home away from home. My new front office manager has your comments and I have shared them with our staff at our daily huddle.
I would love for you to call me with any suggestions you might have to help us improve on our service. My direct number is 765-269-2000 or you can email me at khirsh-cooper@genhotels.com. Your comments and suggestions are important to us.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I am a Hilton Diamond member who has stayed at everything in the hotel chain. Homewood Suites are usually just ok. This one was recently remodeled and is very nice. Marble countertops in the kitchenette and bathroom add a nice touch. Inviting lobby.

The staff was very friendly and engaging and incredibly helpful with opinions based on experience as far as restaurants.

I was on a trip from North Carolina to Wisconsin and this was near the mid way mark. Only a few blocks from I-65 which was nice.
The GM, Karen, should be very proud of her people and the property.
JMA

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank AVLJMA

Thank you for being a Hilton Diamond member-we appreciate your loyalty to the brand.
The staff and I want to thank you for the wonderful commnets about the team and the property. I am very lucky to have such engaging associate and shared your comments in our daily huddles.
Karen

Reviewed November 29, 2010

We booked online because the most recent review said is was clean. And it was very clean and very nice. We checked in too late for the dinner and drinks. But we did see the list of light dinners they serve, and it sure sounded good! Our room was quiet, and very clean. The kitchen had a granite counter top, and the bath also. We liked the rooms being separated, and having 2 TV's and a desk and a table. My daughter liked sitting at the table to color. The decor was nicer than shown on the net. We also had breakfast in the am. They had eggs and bacon, and oatmeal, many bread choices, and a lot of other stuff. More than enough to fill up on. We checked out on Thanksgiving so the house keeping was waiting for us to go so they could clean our room. I am sure it was because they wanted to get home to their family, so I saw no problem with that! Only things to say would be the key card did not work after 11:00 on the outside door for some reason. My hubby had to be let back in to get the rest of our stuff, though check in was at 12:00. And the elevator was slow, but then what's the hurry?!
It is a great place to stay and would check in earlier to enjoy all they have next time! :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Mommy2Lil

The staff and I want to thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel. We are very proud of our service and our accommodations and are so glad you noticed!
I have shared your comments with the staff at our daily huddle and they were thrilled.
We will be anxious to have you return!

Reviewed September 13, 2010

Had never stayed at a Homewood & was glad I did on this trip. Stayed 4 nites and the room was very clean, even more space than I really needed. Two-room, one with kitchen (including a cook top, m/w and full-size refrig), kitchen table, sofa bed, lounge chair and occasional tables. Bedroom had king bed, and medium size bath. Grounds are beautifully landscaped. Hot breakfast and nearly full dinner-type complimentary reception in the evenings, with beer & wine. (Evening reception is Mon-Thurs only.) Very nice place; I'd give it 4 stars.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank letsgo36

The staff and I are so pleased that you had a great stay considering this was your first visit to a Homewood Suites. We are so glad we left a postive impression on you. We hope you continue to choose Homewood Suites as your home away from home when you travel or any of our other Hilton brands.
I have shared your comments with all of the associates at our daily huddle and they are thrilled. Come back and see us when you are in the Lafayette area!

Reviewed June 13, 2010

We were extremely pleased with our stay here. The check in staff were extremely friendly, and told us about the surrounding area. We had debated staying at a place closer to campus, but were very glad we picked Homewood Suites. It only took about 7-10 minutes to get to Purdue, and there were tons of restaurants and shopping nearby. A nice mall can be reached in about 5 minutes, and supertarget is just a minute away. The room itself was very nice, with a sitting area (with pull-out bed), mini-kitchen. The main bedroom had an AWESOMELY comfortable bed. As soon as I got back to the room, I loved getting right back in the bed!!! The toiletries were very high quality. There was a nice swimming pool and outdoor recreation area. I was very impressed with the business center, which featured 2 computers with printers in a nice room. The laundry area was nice and very inexpensive, but could use a few more machines. Breakfast was good, and possibly a bit more geared for men with many "heavy' foods for those with big breakfast appetites. There were muffins, bagels, and bananas as well. They served cookies at night, which were delicious.

The fitness area was good sized, and had all the expected amenities. They also had a little "store" where you could buy food or personal products. They also had a "shopping list" that you could fill out if you wanted them to pick up groceries and deliver them to your room fridge. This would be really convenient if you had a jampacked business day planned.

There was one really minor thing that was only slightly annoying. The bathroom can only be reached through the bedroom, and there is no door between the bedroom and sink area, therefore, if someone wants to get ready early or if the person sleeping on the sofabed needs to use the restroom, then there is only one way to get there, and the light may wake the other person. It was nice having a seperated area if one person wants to go to bed earlier.

That being said, I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. The staff were so friendly, there was plenty of parking, and it was in a very convenient location. Can't be beat!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review. Sorry I am so late in responding and appreciate the kind words.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
0 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette Wabash Landing
Doubletree By Hilton Lafayette East
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!