“Very modern and clean!”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Very modern and clean!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a certain BW in town and thankfully we decided to check this one out instead , glad we did! Very clean and inviting , I felt very pampered and enjoyed the stay. If we come back in town we will definitely stay here again! Thanks!!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay descent sized parking lot to get a semi into except maneuvering around snow was a little challenging..girl at check in was nice and friendly room was great..clean ..well lit..great bed..great water pressure..gentleman at checkout was also very friendly..all was perfect good price also..I usually dont run in this area but if Im back this is where I will stay again..you wont go wrong here

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet ..great for a day sleeper
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Staff was excellent; the team member checking us in was GREAT and gave my family a larger room that was available. The only complaint was the shower/tub floor; it was not clean; some bleach would have done the trick. My wife was not happy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear REDSandRACERFAN,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments on the staff. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the tub. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to address any issues that may come up. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rensselaer, Indiana
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I work in Lafayette and before I stayed here I had never seen this hotel. It is off the main road (26) and sits very far back. I brought my mother, who is a super clean, look for everything wrong, wipe down the room herself kind of clean freak. She tried to find something but didn't!! Our room was very clean, front dest was friendly and breakfast was amazing. I love staying at Holiday Inn Express for the value you get. My family couldn't believe what their free breakfast was. The woman who worked in the kitchen was very helpful. My sister is allergic to eggs and she let us read ingredients on whatever we asked about. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the building and the lights from Walmart's parking lot are quite bri...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night recently after a Purdue football game. It looks like a newer hotel, so very nice and clean. Rooms are larger than normal, with high ceilings. Bathroom was extremely clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TimR708
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Miguel was very helpful when checking in. The room was for one night and was large and clean with two queen beds. The bed was very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was great. Very quite compared to others. Basic items for the free breakfast but would like to have seen bacon or grapefruit juice as a choice as well as more fresh fruit. Wifi was great. I would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every time we visit Purdue. It works for us.

Pros:
- The rooms are big, so we are not bumping into each other.
- The rooms are clean.
- Beds are comfortable
- Shower is good, strong and hot water is consistent.
- Never had a problem with noise.
- There is free hot breakfast. It has eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy. They have pancakes, cereal, yogurt, bananas. There is milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, coffee. Basically, a good variety.
- The staff is friendly and professional.
- Walmart is close by.
- There is a gas station close by.
- Chic-fil-a, which my kids love, is just across the street.
- BEST yet, housekeeping does their job well. My pet peeve is not having enough towels. We have 2 double beds, with a maximum capacity of 4. Guess what? Every day, we get 4 new towel. Every day, the shampoo, conditioner, lotion is replaced with new ones. There is a new plastic liner in the ice bucket. You get the picture.
- There is free coffee even late at night.
- They leave out the plates and utensils as well, so when we had to order pizza the first night, we just got 4 plates from there and was all set then.

Cons: Nothing really bad, just little things

- Upon check in, the room always smells a bit funny that one time, but once you turn on/up the air, that fixes it and you won't encounter that smell the rest of the stay.
- We have never had a bathroom door that locks
- The last time we were there, the first room we got had no latch. We went back to the front desk and had to wait for 3 guest to be checked in, but we were given a new room. The guy at the front was really fast and nice though. I was not in a good mood, coming from an 8 hour drive. I am glad he remained calm.
- This last time we stayed, the commode is loose, so when you sit on it, it rocks.
- Cookies at the lobby always runs out :-(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pmmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear pmmom,