“The Service Was Wonderful”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #43 of 237 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had 8 different staff assist my service while I was there.

There was a hostess that greeted me, and asked how many in my group. Just 1, me.

Another person came to ask me if I would like to choose my own steak to eat. He led me to a glass case and I chose a large steak.

The person behind the glass counter wanted me to know that was 16 ounces. I said that was too big, and chose a 12 ounce New York Strip steak. He asked how I wanted it cooked. I said medium rare.

I was shown to my table, which had a good view of the activities around me, which I liked.

Right away a waitress came up and greeted me, and asked how I was doing. I said Fine, how about you. She said, Great, I'm living my dream, (which I liked to hear) She asked what I would like to drink, and made a suggestion, which I took. When she brought my glass of beer, she asked how I want my steak cooked. She was the second person to ask that. I said medium rare. She informed me I could choose 2 side orders, I ordered the baked potato loaded, and a salad. She told me, We have awesome salads!

In a short time, another waitress brought my awesome salad.

Just as I finished it different waiter brought my steak and baked potato.

The waitress that was living her dream checked back on me to make sure everything was as I wanted it. It was perfect.

When I finished, another waitress brought my check and I paid her. I left a 20% tip.

When I was leaving a 7th waiter opened the door for me and said "I hope you have a nice day sir" and then another waiter opened the second door and said "Have a good afternoon."

8 different servers working as a team, all with nice friendly smiles. That was great service. They didn't pester me, or hover over me. They were just there when I needed them. I should have left a 25% tip. That is how service should be!!!

And the steak was cooked perfectly medium rare, as I like.

Only one little complaint, just for the record, I was not happy with the bread. It was sweet, served with cinnamon butter. I guess that's how they like it in Texas.

I recommend the Texas Roadhouse in Lafayette Indiana. The service was wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Reviewed July 26, 2013

While I love the food and service here, I'm sure of the decor choices.
I understand they are wanting to represent Texas as it is TEXAS Roadhouse, but I feel they just missed the target. We went to texas recently and saw a bit of what they are trying to bring to us in Lafayette, IN.
Wood details, wood walls, just lots of wood in general-CHECK
Cowboy hats and some classic western decor-CHECK
Some Native American decor-CHECK
now throw in some overwhelming stereotyping and you have the decor of our local Texas Roadhouse.
Now the food and service is just amazing! I love the HUGE country fried steak dinner, the moist delicious pork chop meal served with peppercorn dressing for the pork and the catfish filet dinner. And the service is quick and helpful and they are always willing to correct a mistake quickly and without conflict

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This location of Texas Roadhouse provided fast service and excellent food. Everything was cooked to order and tasted great. I recommend this location to everyone. All Texas Roadhouses are crowded for a reason, and are worth the wait to get seated.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have been here numerous times. Great place everytime. The staff always goes out of there way to make ours and everyone elses experience a positive one. Check online -- for a free appetizer as well. The peanuts and the bread is wonderful. We have ate at other fine and dandy restaurants, but we always go back to Texas Roadhouse in Lafayette, Indiana. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place! first of all ASK FOR MOLLY as your server! shes amazing, hard working and she kept us in everything we needed. never had to ask for a thing! she didnt interrupt our meal every 2 minutes, but managed to keep us satisfied and up on how we were doing! the food..? the food was outstanding!! the rolls, the steaks, the rattlesnake bites....oh my goodness! THIS IS A MUST VISIT!!!