Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$84
$87
Hotels.com
$89
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
$71
ComfortInn
$116
Baymont Inn & Suites Lafayette(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
$71
$86
CandlewoodSuites
Red Roof Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
$64
$58
Travelocity
Courtyard Lafayette(Lafayette)
$109
$99
$129
All reviewsplatinum memberwalking distancein townfootball gamethe room was nicewould stay againking bedbeds were comfortablestaff was very friendlycampuslobbytargetinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed 4 nights over a football weekend at Purdue. Housekeeping never set foot in my room on two of the days. All this while being gouged with NYC room rates ($320 and $290 per nite on Fri. and Sat. plus tax, etc. etc.) First time housekeeping didn't show I had just returned to hotel at about 6. Desk offered to make up room - I said forget it. Desk person said "Well, we have until 6 pm to make up rooms". Next day they showed up. Third day no show again - desk said your wife said don't clean the room - except I was there alone and I said my wife's a thousand miles away. Ridiculous housekeeping management - I'm sure the housekeepers just do what they're told. Breakfast buffet was The Worst I've ever had. A few pcs. of fruit In a runny bowl; dry, cold scrambled eggs; greasy stuck-together bacon. Very little selection. Waitress didn't disclose buffet price when I entered.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Dave932,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. It is of great concern that you were not satisfied with the housekeeping service and breakfast selections that was served as customer service and cleanliness are of an utmost priority for our hotel. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service and products. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have made several trips to this hotel. My hubby went to Purdue and loves to re-discover his roots. I love this hotel. It is walking distance to alot of restaurants and businesses. It is easy access to anywhere you want to go in this city. The bar is pleasant and the food is good for late night. It isnt too far from Purdue campus or Columbia Park. Its a minutes drive to all the unique dinning and college hang out and my favorite the drive-in restuarant. It isnt over priced and if I need to run to a Target or store, its only about a fifteen minute drive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GMSusan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Having read just a few reviews it didn't take me long to find the one that matches my experience with this hotel. My wife booked a couple of rooms here over a football weekend and wasn't told that their cancellation policy is 30 days (the reservations were made with less than 30 days until the stay). I called the hotel within 30-45 minutes of the reservation (upon learning via e-mail about the non-cancellation policy) and was told I was out of luck and to call 1-800-Holiday if I had further complaints. The manager was very rude and non-helpful.

I did call the corporate office and nothing was done except delay in getting back to me and ultimately telling me I'm out of luck. There is no recording for me to prove a negative that they didn't tell my wife and they are refusing to acknowledge any potential error on their part.

I travel quite a bit and have never had the level or rudeness and a complete inability to understand and acknowledge their error. I have filed with the AG's office and the BBB.

Having seen at least one review on here similar to mine, I believe this is the hotel's way of double booking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Phil M,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

There are types of reservations that comes with a cancellation fee and/or full pre-payment requirement. Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, we determine our own rates and cancellation policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. Acknowledgement of the restrictions is required in order to obtain your confirmation number. This provides you with the option of agreeing to or declining the terms, and gives you a choice to book a different rate type with a different cancellation policy. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you.

We appreciate your feedback and your business. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in town for my 15 year reunion, the fall veterinary conference and the Notre Dame/Purdue football game. The football game usually creates a high demand for all hotel rooms in the area and a quick sell out, so I was pleased to find this place - clean, decent (I stayed in a dump near I-65 years ago) and close to the conference at the Stewart Center in WL. Initially the ONE night I couldn't get a room was for Friday, the 13th. They put me on a list. This was a few months prior to my visit just last week. I would've had to stay in my car or find someone to stay with but I was going anyhow. I don't get back often enough. I left it in God's hands, because I knew He'd take care of me. I got a call a few weeks prior to my planned visit that I now, INDEED, had the room for my entire stay. I cried because YES, our Heavenly Father does care THAT much about even the small things in our life. I was very pleased the hotel followed through and called me too.

After a 12 hour drive I was so glad to get there and find a very nice front area, easy parking, and a great, comfortable and clean room. The only thing was *I* got no offers of help to get my stuff up to my room so I took the bell cart by myself and went up there.

Otherwise, everyone was helpful and the place was always clean. It was also quiet which is often a problem in many hotels. The location was perfect. I could walk to all the downtown areas and even to the bridge if I wanted. It was a GREAT quick drive to West Lafayette and all the stuff I wanted and needed to do during my visit!

Room Tip: I chose a king size bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad we were able to accommodate you for your reunion at Purdue. We look forward to seeing you again for your 20th reunion! Go Boilers!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was surprised to see how large and roomy the room was. The hotel is located downtown and maintains the historical feel on the outside. You walk into a beautiful lobby with a grand chandelier, piano and staircase. Beautifully decorated restaurant. The food is only ok. You can tell it's just a Holiday Inn when you taste the food. Though the room is roomy, it's the typical holiday Inn decore. Nothing major but the room was clean.

Room Tip: Parking is limited so you may have to park across the street if there is a big event.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RiaMe

Thank you for posting a response on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all of your feedback and work to improve with this constructive information. I am sorry our restaurant was "only ok". I am passing your review on to our food and beverage department so we can find ways to improve your next stay.