“Nice Experience”

Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed at the City Centre for a family wedding in Lafayette. Entire staff, including group sales, front desk, bar and housekeeping were all professional and accommodating. They gave us a nice upgrade as well. Only thing we were not completely happy with..the lobby was not cleaned on Sat. night so there were bar glasses and trash in the lobby Sun morning and Sunday brunch was $13.95 - a bit steep for a family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My wife and I spent the night at the City Center Holiday Inn for the second year in a row, making a "getaway" of picking up our children from summer camp. This hotel does a very nice job! We were upgraded to a corner room upon check-in and following an appropriate time in the room, the manager called to ask if our room was satisfactory. The room was nice, albeit it seems odd to not have a flat screen television these days. Our room was comfortable and quiet and we enjoyed a cocktail in the bar following a delicious dinner at Bistro 501 - a French restaurant just a couple blocks away. We plan to continue this nice getaway for at least another couple years.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I booked this over several local hotels based on online pictures. I wanted to stay close to Purdue University, so selected this. When we arrived in the afternoon there was plenty of parking, and everything was quiet. We then headed over to campus to shop, and eat dinner. During dinner it started pouring down rain, and we arrived at the hotel around 6pm.

There was NO PARKING LEFT. There was a wedding, and all of their wedding vendors and employees were parked in the hotel lot, leaving us to park at a parking garage across the block. I talked to the manager who told me, people must just be here for the Indy 500 (this is over an hour drive away). I replied no, the majority of the cars in the lot were Tippecanoe and Benton county cars (local), to which she just said that's how it is.

Later on, we realized our room was just outside the pool room door. Talk about loud. Until 2:30am when I finally called to complain I listened to people yelling, running up and down the halls, and laughing very loud. After complaining, guest services finally came up and knocked on the room next door, and asked them to quiet down. I finally fell asleep after 3am, and my little boy woke me up at 5:55am.

This is not to mention you can hear every flush, or water running of the room next door at a very loud decible.

We're up in the Lafayette area a lot and will NEVER book here again. I'd rather go camping (and believe me - I do not camp).

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Carjlin
Reviewed February 21, 2011

we stayed here for my birthday so we wouldn't have to drive after hitting the bars. our daughter came by before our festivities began to swim in the pool. they didn't tell us when we were checking in that the pool was closed... on a saturday! the guy that was filling the pool said it would be ready in a couple hours, so we waited in the room and ordered pizza for a couple hours and went back to hear it wouldn't be ready till the next day! with check out at noon and my husband and i planning on being hung-over the next day, we talked to the front desk and got the ok to check out later in order for her to come back and swim. sunday came and the water registered at 50 degrees! the poor kid wanted to swim so badly that she struggled through it for about 10 min until i made her get out with blue lips!! if we had known the pool wouldn't have been ready, we would have gone to the hilton instead.
aside from the pool problem, the rooms need some serious updating. it looks like a beautiful hotel on the outside, but the inside looks like any other hotel that hasn't been updated since 1985! not what you expect for the price!
i wish there were more options downtown lafayette, but if we ever decide to get a room there again, i'll be going to the hilton!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicole4790
Reviewed February 3, 2011

The location was nice, but are stay was prompted by a severe weather storm. We paid around $150 each night of our stay. The rooms were clean but had an outdated tv. They also charged $10 night for the use of a frig...this room should of had the appliances already...small pool, and the next day, the prices were lowered to $91 for the same room! Very shady for an "upscale" hotel. I will stay at the Hilton across the street next time!!! Expectations were not met...

Dallas Fountain
Visited 2/1/11-2/3/11

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Dfountai
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed two nights when visiting for a Purdue class reunion over a football weekend. We selected this hotel because the reunion banquet was being held here. The experience started out badly and didn't get any better. We checked in at 3:00 pm on Friday, and upon arriving in our room, found that we had been assigned a handicapped-accessible room. The "closet" consisted of two bare bars placed on the wall, one over the other. It was impossible to hang anything longer than a shirt. The bathroom had an old "roll-in" shower with a fold-down seat, and the bathroom itself had a drain in the floor -- right in front of the sink. The shower head was actually a small, cheap hand-held model just like you would add on a hose to your home bath or shower to wash the dog with, which was mounted on a slide on the wall and had water pressure comparable to an elementary school drinking fountain. There was no bathtub, so there was no alternate to the trickle shower head. The room also had no refrigerator, which seemed kind of strange for an "upscale" hotel.

We immediately called the front desk and asked for a room change -- they refused. They said that the hotel was full and they could not switch us. It was 3:00 pm on a Friday afternoon, so I'm pretty sure all guests had not checked in. They were unwilling to switch rooms with guests who had not even checked in yet! We had made the reservation through the Holiday Inn website over one month prior, so this was not a last-minute thing, nor were we told at check-in that we had been given a handicapped-accessible room.

As I said, things didn't get any better. The website advertised "refreshed" rooms, but ours still had older furniture and a tube-TV (there was a high-def channel guide in the room which did not apply). The bedside light on one side of the bed did not work, nor did the special computer outlet on top of the desk -- which I found out when I returned to the room to find my laptop, which was plugged into the outlet, dead. As I feared, when we took showers, the bathroom became a pond. The floor was slippery and extremely dangerous to anyone was not in a wheelchair. I'm glad that hotels have handicapped-accessible rooms available, but this room was clearly sub-standard, handicapped or not.

I did relay our experience to Holiday Inn corporate. I received a stock response telling me that since we had reserved a "standard" room, they could pretty much put us anywhere they wanted. So much for customer service.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank corkigood
Reviewed November 12, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel twice this year for different weddings and were impressed both times. The hotel is clean, the lobby is beautiful, the beds are comfortable, and the hotel staff is friendly and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed staying here, would definitely stay there again, and would highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aedavis08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette Wabash Landing
Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#2 of 22 in Lafayette

Been to Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre? Share your experiences!