“Awesome =)”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Greenwood, Indiana
“Awesome =)”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Clean, quiet, modern, comfortable! Pet Friendly! Extremely nice bed, pillows, and sink. Digital TV. Checked out at 11, the house keepers did not bother us. We will both stay here again. Recommended. =)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thanks for coming to share your nice experiences at our hotel with everyone here. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. It's our pleasure to give you the best stay at the best value and our people really make that possible. We really appreciate your feedback as we strive for continued improvement. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Warm regards
~Red Roof Lafayette Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This is not a cprorated owned Inn and in some respects, shows it. Unlike corporate Inns, it does offer a continental breakfast. That is a plus. The consistacy in other areas found in corporate Inns is missing. I was raised to believe "dirty windows, dirty house". The windows were in need of cleaning. When I found the check out time was 11:00 AM I went to the desk and asked for a 1 ON check out, a,request that has always been granted. I was told I could stay until noon, beyond that I would be charged 15.00 for each hour. As someone who spends approximately 50 or more nights per year at Red Roof Inns I have grown used to a standard of cleanliness and service and was disappointed with the level OS service found at the Lafayette location. No complementy newspaper or even a box to purchase one.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jameshen214
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good and competitive value. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

After showing front desk that four places online list rooms for $50 a night the management still would not honor the price. Charged me the same rate on weekdays as is the weekend rate. Not once in three days did I get my room cleaned. And with the interstate closed for three days dew to snow they took advantage of everyone. There are plenty other hotels in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kevin G
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us during the recent blizzard in our area. This has been a particularly challenging time for us, with our maid staff unable to safely travel to work due to the authorities declaring a state of emergency in our area and restricting all travel. Please know that these are extenuating circumstances and not at all indicative of our typical level of service. Mother nature does not seem to care that she has inconvenienced everyone with her polar vortex and for that I apologize. I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Niles, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were driving from Alabama to Illinois late December and encountered freezing fog just south of Lafayette. The were around 20 cars in ditches, the state police were out in force. Despite being only a couple of hours from home, we decided to stop over so I went to hotels.com to check into a nearby hotel online and the red roof inn seemed to be an economical option. We booked around 20 minutes before arriving at 11.30pm. The night desk Clerk was really welcoming, he had preheated the room when he got our booking just a short while earlier, he chatted and joked as he described the breakfast options (as a family, we get quite excited by waffles). The complex is older, the doors to the rooms could use a lick of paint on the outside but the room was spotless, comfortable and perfectly functional and most importantly was nice and warm, the TV had HBO. The hotel is close to many restaurants, including a 24 hour Ihop so the boys could eat sometime approaching midnight. Breakfast was good, I cooked a waffle and had it worth some fruit, the manager who checked me out was attentive and really cared about how much I enjoyed my stay. I give this full marks for value, comfort and service. I would stay there again, but hope I never have drive through freezing fog to do it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your good experience with your fellow travelers! We really appreciate when our guests go on their way with such positive things to say about us. I'm glad we were able to give you and your family a nice safe haven out of the bad weather. It's our pleasure to give you the best stay at the best value and our people really make that possible. Please come see us again if your travels bring you back to Lafayette.
Warm Regards,
Winona Lake, Indiana
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was really pleased with the cleanliness and friendliness of this Red Roof Inn. And the price was terrific! I was on business and just needed a place to work on my computer and to sleep without spending a fortune. What I got here was a SUPER-friendly staff, a really clean, neatly-kept room, and a continental breakfast that got me going the next morning.

While the Inn is an older building and therefore has some things like doors that scrape open a little (things you expect at an older hotel), none of that was essential, and I got all the essentials for a super price. It was also right next to a number of eating places with a great variety of foods, so it was convenient as well. And it was within 100 yards of a Wal-Mart if I had any shopping needs. I was also pleased that it was quiet in my room and I slept well.

Thanks for your hospitality, Red Roof! Keep up the good work and the low prices.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s really our pleasure to be able to give you comfortable accommodations at the best price we can. We really appreciate when our guests go on their way with such nice things to say. Everyone here truly loves to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for, and our people make that possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers. Please call on us anytime your travels bring you to our city.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Over the past few months I had business in Lafayette, and consistently stayed here, sometimes single nights and sometimes multiple nights. All the rooms that I stayed in had the same quality. Mini-fridge and microwave were available in each room I stayed in upon request of them. New amenities were a nice touch to make an older hotel look more modern. All the staff were kind and helpful. This is a reasonable hotel for the price charged. The beds are approaching their end of life, but were comfortable enough to sleep. I continued to stay at this hotel because of their reward program and ended up qualifying for a free night stay. Rooms are not sound-proof if this is important to and you could hear people passing by as they were talking, but I didn't have any issues with traffic other than cars pulling in to park.

All in all, worth $55 dollars a night when considering other options for similar price would be knights inn or similar.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks for coming to share your nice experiences at our hotel with everyone here. It's our pleasure to give you the best stay at the best value and our people really make that possible. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. We really appreciate your feedback as we strive for continued improvement. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warm regards
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I traveled for business for many years. In 2008 the company I worked for made it mandatory to stay at Red Roof Inn's whenever possible. For the most part these were some of the worst places I have ever stayed in. I wasn't used to staying @ Hilton's, the Ritz or etc. But I did like a nice comfortable room. I even walked out of a Red Roof Inn in Overland Park,KS because of a large blood stain on the carpet. I live here in Lafayette, IN and was having all my plumbing replaced & needed a place to stay last night. Red Roof Inn was not a consideration due to my past experience with the chain. My wife talked me into going there as she worked there several years ago and said it was nice then. WOW!!! What an eye opener!! Flat screen TV, newer thick towels, king size very comfortable bed. Great breakfast this morning!! I just say enough nice things about this place. Didn't catch the names of the manager or owner but THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If staying in Lafayette, In. Stay here. Great value for your money.